Strange caller to door last night - Heeley area

I had them at my door last night at around 5.30ish. there was 3 all together that I saw one at my neighbour next door and I saw another across the road, the one who wanted to interview me could only talk to MALE people so his colleague did my survey as he could do FEMALE. I didn't think it was anything dodgy, they did show me some documents before interview started.

The interviewer will also ask for your name and address details

Presumably because the interviewer hasn't a clue what door they have just knocked on? :loopy:

jesus lilly lou, thinki agree with folk on this un you shoukld report it, you never know these days, an as a girl living mostly by herselfwould be deeply troubled by someone knocking on my door!

Stay safe an do keep your key chain on take care

Someone rang my intercom last night, asking to be let in. He couldn't say what flat number he wanted or give a name, so I politely told him I would not open the door for him and hung up.

think i will be now more aware of people calling at my door! thankyou for this. Do however never answer my inytercom my freinds ave the number or a key!!

you've made me a bit more awear of my suuroundings!!!! thank ya xx

I'm pleased to see that it not just me that doesn't open the door to unexpected callers.

I have had long discussions on this with family because if someone knocks at my door and I am not expecting anyone I just ignore it. My friends and family have my phone number and would push a note through if they were just passing. However other people seem to think it is rude to ignore the door.

I guess I would rather be rude and safe!

How do people feel about meter readers? I politely refuse to let them in and it often causes quite an unpleasant response. I don't care if they do arrive in a meter plus van, with a meter plus badge... They could have meter plus tattooed on their forehead for all I care, I don't know them and so they are not coming in our house when I am home alone just me and my baby girl.