Lost car in Sheffield! Have you seen this car?

theres a silvery blue one in ecclesfield i see it when taking my son to school has a very nosy exhaust but i have'nt seen a white one lol

Why put it on here after 8 years? surely you have bought a new one by now? and plus its probably either been stolen and burnt out or sold on a few times. or been crushed. Don't think you'll get it back now! lol sorry to sound harsh but its reality

Probably been stripped or uplifted for no tax/abandoned and sent to China in the great tin rush of 2008. :(

hi, i am beanz's other half. that car was owned by phil carter of carters of chapeltown where i work. it was in the showroom for a while and also in the compound. it is a t plate. first letters are BAN i think. it was sold back to its original owner a couple of months ago in ecclesfield.

it was in pretty mint condition,and will be cherished even more by it's current owner.

Thanks for ( some of ) the replies guy's, :thumbsup: The situation is this, I left the car in the hands of a mates mate who owned a garage in Ecclesfield 8 years ago when I had to go abroad for about 6 months. The car had no tax or test at the time and I'd only just purchased it so was waiting for some of the paperwork to come through, it was abit of a rush job and when I got back I left it for a while as I had lots of (family) stuff to sort out. I also had a second car at the time so drove that.

I misplaced the guys number and couldn't find him when I went back to collect the car, my mate had also moved house and was no-where to be found so I gave it up thinking ( like some posters on here ) that it'd either be crushed or burnt out or sold for parts.

Only recently have some friends told me to look it up as it should still be registered to me if it's anywhere to be found... or someone hasn't forged a signature on the logs.

Anyway, it's a long story and a long shot but was wondering if anyone has seen it. The garage where I left it all those years ago was just past the petrol station in Ecclesfield up towards the swimming baths, theres like a small hidden lane with private garages there. There used to be a bloke who fixed up cars there.

No-one said its been stolen. I think a few more details are needed before people start adding inaccurate bits and ruining the original post.

one would presume when its stated that its been missing 8 years that theres a good chance its stolen?

cars dont usually have a habit of going missing on there own

There you are, a few details explain it all so much better without jumping to incorrect presumptions. Unfortunately it's so common on these forums. Somehow knew I would get "flamed" for trying to help and requesting more details.

Good luck on finding the car Lestat.

There you are, a few details explain it all so much better without jumping to incorrect presumptions. Unfortunately it's so common on these forums. Somehow knew I would get "flamed" for trying to help and requesting more details.

Good luck on finding the car Lestat.

So actually it has ben stolen then?

if you own it and its in your name but isnt where you left it then i would say its stolen

the alien seen of chapletown have nicked it

So actually it has ben stolen then?

if you own it and its in your name but isnt where you left it then i would say its stolen

So if I lend my mate a tenner in a pub and go back the next week and he isn't there, then he's stolen it under your rule. Notice the original poster has never described it as being stolen.

If the person who was looking after the car had to move he would have taken it with him, not left it. If he also couldn't contact the owner (Lestat) what should he do then.

This thead hasn't been started for an argument but your determined to have one. It was started in the hope of finding a car.

So if I lend my mate a tenner in a pub and go back the next week and he isn't there, then he's stolen it under your rule. Notice the original poster has never described it as being stolen.

If the person who was looking after the car had to move he would have taken it with him, not left it. If he also couldn't contact the owner (Lestat) what should he do then.

This thead hasn't been started for an argument but your determined to have one. It was started in the hope of finding a car.

no i believe your wrong, if i take my car to lets say lexus for repair and the next day the mechanic takes it home and its involved in an accident or stopped by the police its been taken without the owners consent

or other wise known as theft

the person should have reported to the police that he was moving and couldnt trace the owner the police or dvla would then write to the owner,giving them a set time to reclaim the vehicle.

Strangely enough, i saw a white 3 door in the crystal peaks carpark today.

Did yours have fishnets?

Only one i've seen in years.....in any colour!