Sign in to follow this  

Help! - 6th Form/College/Apprenticeships

Hello.

I've just started 6th form and its not what i want to do!! I was wondering is there anywhere i can look or go to to find a modern apprenticeship or am i too late :cry: I would like something in engineering maybe. please someone help!!!!!thanx bye.

You could also nip into the 'Connextions' building on Division Street (used to be the careers building).

They'll give you all sorts of advice on modern apprenticeships.

Not sure what you wanna do, but there is a HUGE short fall of trades people i.e Plumbers, Electricians, Bricky's etc and with the high demand comes HIGH wage packet too!

A mate o' mine is a Sparky (electrician) and he's on £600 a week at the mo. Mon - Fri work too.

Makes me wish I had trained in a trade when I were your age dude!

Highly recommend Sheffield College. Lots of interesting courses too. Plus they're very flexible so you can do them full or part time and earn some extra money at the same time.

If you know what type of work you want to study than you can also get in touch with Business Links on http://www.blsy.com/ . They're an organisation of local businesses who normally offer advice to other business people. But I'm sure if you ask nicely they'll put you in touch with people in the trade who can offer advice and even maybe even some training work to go along with your studies.

Would agree with DaBouncer. Not many genuine trades people around and can earn excellent wages. If you're into engineering then Sheffield College should be able to help with various foundation courses to help you get into Uni. Saying that, sixth form may still be the best route for that. If you want to go for the Uni route then go for some form of infrastructure engineering as there is a massive shortfall in that sector as its now unfashionable.

Thankyou all for your help! I think i'll go to connections first! see what they have! cheers!!:D

You can get a book/brochure from the Learning and skills council which lists all the Modern Apps all over South Yorkshire.