Stashbustalong 2009

Well I still haven't done any stashbusting on the original stash but I thought I'd update you on progress with the recently stashed yarn. Purple fluffy jumper, hat and scarf are gifts for, and modelled by, my sister. They've left a fair dent in the huge pile of 69p a ball Atkinson's sale bargains, my sis is pleased with them and they've certainly turned out better than I expected. The yarn for the jumper cost less than £3! I've also made a hat for my sister-in-law.

SDC10066

SDC10069

rangoli2

Well I still haven't done any stashbusting on the original stash but I thought I'd update you on progress with the recently stashed yarn. Purple fluffy jumper, hat and scarf are gifts for, and modelled by, my sister. They've left a fair dent in the huge pile of 69p a ball Atkinson's sale bargains, my sis is pleased with them and they've certainly turned out better than I expected. The yarn for the jumper cost less than £3! I've also made a hat for my sister-in-law.

SDC10066

SDC10069

rangoli2

I love that jumper - certainly looks more expensive than £3. The grey beret it rather lovely too.

Ok, this week I've used three balls - and bought 36. Someone please tell me that there is some magical way in which this is stash reduction!

My advice is to buy a loom, it doesn't half shift yarn. I hope that this will be the year where I finally get to grips with the bags of left over sock yarn that make the yarn drawer look full. Everyone I know will be getting scarves for Christmas unless I graduate to cushion covers and perhaps blankets.

Now i've got my Rebel hat on i know but i am not prepared to give up the only thing that evokes feelings of euphoria, pride, mischief, self satisfaction and self worth for my abilities. NUTS to the credit crunch, i am going to buy as much yarn as humanly possible and i don't care what anybody thinks. Viva la minority!

Now i've got my Rebel hat on i know but i am not prepared to give up the only thing that evokes feelings of euphoria, pride, mischief, self satisfaction and self worth for my abilities. NUTS to the credit crunch, i am going to buy as much yarn as humanly possible and i don't care what anybody thinks. Viva la minority!

I see this as your civic duty in helping keep the local yarn store alive and well :thumbsup: Remember the more yarn you have, the more insulation you have in the house so you are in fact being environmentally friendly :lol::suspect:

I have successfully bought more yarn than knitted this year. My works in progress have either been frogged or hibernated (which just means to be frogged in about 6 months when I'm fed up of looking at it and all hope of finishing it has departed), hence making more stash. Every skein has a project attached to it though and this makes me feel better.

I am using up my leftover sock yarn to make a blanket, estimated finish date somewhere in 2019. I am also making the Maja shawl from Knitty to use my 6 hanks of Black Hills, 3 hanks in and going strong. I am also committed to making the 2nd sock this year.

I have finally finished Jaden - and it fits really well (photos on to follow once it has dried) :D My only real problem with this was that I had to redo the sleeve caps - the ones from the pattern did not fit the armsyce at all! My first attempt at crochet ever - had to do single crochet at crab stitch to stabilise the neckline and it works really well. All in all very pleased and I got it finished in time to wear for the wedding this weekend :D I now only have 2 projects on the needles - hurrah.

Only two! How is this possible? I've been lying to myself over how much I've got on the needles for months, somehow starting new things is so much more attractive than finishing what's already there. Well done with finishing Jaden - do we get the pics of you all dolled up at the wedding?

Only two! How is this possible? I've been lying to myself over how much I've got on the needles for months, somehow starting new things is so much more attractive than finishing what's already there. Well done with finishing Jaden - do we get the pics of you all dolled up at the wedding?

:lol: I don't really do glam - this is the best you will get :D I realised that I fibbed before (forgot about the Bayerische socks) so I had 3 on the needles ... its now 4 as I cast on some knee-high rainbow socks for my nieces birthday :suspect:

I've just bought a copule of pattern books that will help me use up yarn I already have, and started a zig-zag crochet throw with some of the lovely Peakwool £1 skeins. Bringing the start tonight as sewing in ends is so much easier when you can chatter at the same time!