Sign in to follow this  

[SOLD] Any good pubs in Sheffield?

You don't want to go near any pub that has been "Firked". Good pubs in Sheffield? Well it isn't really a pub but Hanrahans Wine bar on Glossop Road is very nice and the bar staff are generally pretty damn good looking and friendly. Legend has it that that this is the setting for the Human League's "Don't You Want Me Baby", although Phil Oakley denies this.

Aside from that the studenty pub a few mtres up the road do very nice meals. Other than that the Barracks down in Hillsborough is a good real ale pub and their is more talent down "The Deep End" (also Hillsborough) on a Sunday afternoon than you can shake a stick at. RSVP in the town centre opposite Barkers Pool is also good for totty watching.

Guest Guest

What do you mean by "Firked"??

Hanrahans is now called Cassa. (I think, definately not hanrahans anymore though)

I can also recommend Hillsborough Barracks, a great classic pub with a good range of beers and also live music on some nights, specially Saturdays. Same guy also owns The Sheaf View I think.

Shouldn't that be the Nottingham House?

Guest Guest

I was wondering about the Nottingham House. What's it like?

Guest HappyShopper

Try The Cannon on Castle Street...........

Originally posted by Guest

I was wondering about the Nottingham House. What's it like?

Is that the one just up from the Children's Hospital?

That's the one (formerly Fitzooth & Firkin). Haven't been in since it changed back to the Notts House as I'm at the wrong end of the country just now...was a decent enough place but don't remember anything /all/ that special about it.

You want to go a bit further up the hill to the Grindstone in Crookes - that's a proper pub in my book... :cool:

If you need any specific help on pubs (running of them, etc) then drop me a line. I'm a landlady, after all!

Oh, and....I would say the Classic Rock Bar is a good pub. Good food, good ale, low prices, the place where Sheffield Forum meets, attractive bar staff :D and fabulous music. La la la la....

Originally posted by Classic Rock

If you need any specific help on pubs (running of them, etc) then drop me a line. I'm a landlady, after all!

Indeed. I need some help. i want to run one myself, an alternative style venue shall we say NOT A KAROAKE DANCE CLUB/BAR, if u know what i mean...rock and alt stuff.

Already tried to get a few places but failed, but they probably were not that suitable for what i had in mind. Oh well, the right place will come along eventually i expect.....do you know Eclesall Road REALLY needs another *different* drinking experience to contrast with the 2 million wine bar style places.

I can't help you FIND a pub....see the related thread to this.....but can offer tips on how to run it if you get one.