Sign in to follow this  

[SOLD] Any good pubs in Sheffield?

All hints appreciated, tell me more. I have all the relevant experience, worked in pubs, did the pub management course and licencees exam, etc.

The Cobden View on Cobden View Road in Crookes has a good friendly atmosphere and aslo does good beer!!

has pool table darts board and live music most nights plus has a few quiz nights where you can win a gallon of beer

Classic Rock bar aside of course, my personal favourite pub in Sheffield is the New Barrack Tavern on the main road north, is it called Penistone Road?

The pub is just a shave before Hillsborough Morrisons

It looks a bit crap from the outside but it is great

Great real ale, great food, I think it is in the Good Food Guide as well as the Good Pub Guide

I can heartily recommend it

My second favourite would be the Fat Cat down at Kelham Island, for the two same reasons - good food and beer

They both have small beer gardens which are nice in the summer too

The Fat Cat and Kelhem Island are both good pubs, but their location means I have only been drunk enough once to brave walking through that part of Shalesmoor.

Get yourself down to the Grapes on Trippet Lane. Best Jukebox in town bar none. Get a nice pint of Magnet. Nice large pool room as well (If going on Friday make sure you get there early because there's this guy who looks like the guitarist out of Dire Straits who hogs it all night with his friends and then mocks your drunken attemps at trying to hit the ball). Lively atmosphere all round, and sometimes a good live band upstairs.

Also if your about that part of town, make sure to check out the Red Deer, as they serve a myriad of potions there