Royal Signals Sheffield

I am trying to trace any ex Royal Signals ,in Sheffield. did you do your National -Service , at Catterick camp in JULY 1953,basic training ( 6 weeks ). If so did you know my late husband , Les Collins . He was posted from Catterick,to Dreghorn barracks Scotland .I know a lot of Sheffield lads ,went at the same ,i know there was one called Steve,but that is all i know, my husband did live in Wybournehouse road ,Wybourne estate ,i would love to hear from anyone Regards Rita

my father in law was did his in 1959 at catterick the gloucester

my father in law was did his in 1959 at catterick the gloucester
Thanks a lot ,the right camp ,but the wrong tear

i know sorry. i had to ring him just to check. he wasnt to happy i made him 6 years older than he his :blush::blush:

In & out by that time Royal Sigs 51 to 56:thumbsup:

In & out by that time Royal Sigs 51 to 56:thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply ,the dates are 1953-1955

I was in Catterick camp until early 1953 but do you know which training Regiment he was with or what was his trade.

Basic training doesn't sound correct unless he was infantry, most did their basic training in places like Ponefract then Corps training at Catterick.

I was in Catterick camp until early 1953 but do you know which training Regiment he was with or what was his trade.

Basic training doesn't sound correct unless he was infantry, most did their basic training in places like Ponefract then Corps training at Catterick.

HI, My late husband was in the ,Royal Corps Of Signals ,he went in, in July 1953, im trying to get more information,but not having much luck,I know when he went to Dreghorn Barracks ,he was a store-man.( signal man ) Regards Rita