Where did Pearl Street go

Hi Hodkin ,yes i remenber it well ,the sledging was great,from the top of Pearl Street ,to the bottem ,sometimes if you was lucky ,you might get to the very botton ,of Pearl Steet,those were the days .I did know Keith Wild ,he was lucky to survive ,and i knew the Fletchers ,did you know the bacon family ,Roy Bacon ,was a friend of my brothers ,he lived in Beeley Sreet,and went to St Matthias School,my brothers name is Roy Ford ,he still lives in Sheffield ,i came to GT Yarmouth in 1972. Ive got a book he sent me all about ,where we lived ,the pictures are of .Cemetery rd,pearl st,beeley st ,lansdowne rd , cliff st ,napier st,franklin st ,club garden rd,and sunderland st ,with the school at the bottom,if you would like me to send you some pictures of them ,let me know ,i will send them by email ,the AUTHOR is J P ,Turley ,he lived on Franklin st ,and went to St Matthias School,Regards Rita Collins

Hi Rita

I would be very gratefull to see any pictures you have of Franklin Street please.

Kind regards

Leipzig

I would also appreciate any old (scanned) pictures of that era/area

Hi Hodkin ,yes i remenber it well ,the sledging was great,from the top of Pearl Street ,to the bottem ,sometimes if you was lucky ,you might get to the very botton ,of Pearl Steet,those were the days .I did know Keith Wild ,he was lucky to survive ,and i knew the Fletchers ,did you know the bacon family ,Roy Bacon ,was a friend of my brothers ,he lived in Beeley Sreet,and went to St Matthias School,my brothers name is Roy Ford ,he still lives in Sheffield ,i came to GT Yarmouth in 1972. Ive got a book he sent me all about ,where we lived ,the pictures are of .Cemetery rd,pearl st,beeley st ,lansdowne rd , cliff st ,napier st,franklin st ,club garden rd,and sunderland st ,with the school at the bottom,if you would like me to send you some pictures of them ,let me know ,i will send them by email ,the AUTHOR is J P ,Turley ,he lived on Franklin st ,and went to St Matthias School,Regards Rita Collins

Well lets see, terry fletcher was in my class,i know the bacon name but can't put a face etc., to it, & the name ford too rings a bell.

I would love those pics please,

standardpoodles1@hotmail.com

cheers shawn(jeanne)

Hi Rita

I would be very gratefull to see any pictures you have of Franklin Street please.

Kind regards

Leipzig

Hi Leipzig, I have 3 photo'sof Franklin Street,send me your email ,i will send them to you , Rita

Hi Leipzig, I have 3 photo'sof Franklin Street,send me your email ,i will send them to you , Rita

Hi Rita

I have sent you a PM with my email address. Thank you.

Kind Regards

Leipzig

I was in same class at Sharrow Lane with Margaret Chapman Other girls from same area were June Bowden,Pat Bunny[cousins]Janet Albiston and Jean Starr Margaret and June were on the same table as me in the infant's class right from day one.

Sorry,got that wrong It was Margaret Liversidge who was cousin of Pat Bunny

Edited by eileent
Got mixed up

I went to Sharrow Lane school, probably leftwhen I was eleven 1958. I left the area approx 1962 I used to live on Fentonville St (off Sharrow Lane , 2 roads up from Washington Road)

I lived in Pearl street from 1935 -1961, i was born there .i went to St Matthias School , i was then Rita Ford,have 2 brothers ,Roy & Raymond ,also a sister ,margaret , we lived at No 67,above ,Cliff street.I left Pearl ,when they built ,the Lansdown road flats ,went round the corner to Club Garden road ,did'nt want to go on any Estate. my own son went to St Matthias ,then on to Graystones ,i would love to hear from anyone who new me, ( those were the days ). i only see Sheffield now,when i visit ,i now live in Gt Yarmouth ,Regards Rita Collins . (nee Ford )

There is a book called "Pictures in & around Sharrow" by J.P.Turley published by ALD print & Design, 279 Sharrow Vale Road, Sheffield, S11 8ZF and there is a picture of Pearl St in it. (when I bought it £3.50 was the price)

Reviewing your post you know the area I grew up in.

Where do you live now?

I used to live on beeley st.,

but came to live in west oz in 1967.

I have lived in perth for many years but now live beside the ocean in geraldton.

cheers

I knew Beeley Strret.

I know Perth I have been there several times.

Recentley I holidayed in Sydney & Brisbane (June 2009) Also I've been to Karatha & Darwin twice.

I don't know Geraldton