What is Richmond like?

I'm looking at a house there next week and would like to know a bit about the area please.

whereabouts exactly ?

richmond is fine in most areas, odd few places have a few issues but nothing major. its very handy for buses/parkway/town etc. as you get closer to woodthorpe /stradbrooke etc there can be a few dodgy areas.

I've lived in Richmond for 6 1/2 years and it's lovely - never had any trouble and the people are friendly. I currently have a house for sale on Lathkill Road if you're interested?

A x

I'm on Richmond Road and not had any bother.

My friend lives there and loves it.

went to look at a house there a few weeks back, drove down the road that runs behind the asda, houses looked really nice semi detached, turned left went for about 200 yards turned left again, entered a mini estate of grey terreced houses, pulled up looked around for 10 minutes found the house i was looking for (one of the grey ones) almost everywhere i looked around this house were boarded up houses and a old rover which had been vandalised, the missus said it was like driving through Gaza strip. all around it was lovely but id say avoid the grey estate, just my opinion mind.

I live near Richmond. Not too bad, loads of council houses, but some have turned to private owned. Public transport takes about 40 min - 1 hour to get to the city centre

i lived just off richmond road on the private houses and there is lovely, no problems. all council estates are the same- some areas arfe good, some are bad but you will get that anywhere.

apart form that i found it was lovely and quiet, but the public transport is naff compared to other areas. you got 13 and 14 which iks alright part form it drives to town through all council estates and the 32 that takes you through the council estates at the manor top- that way.

its ok if your worried about the vandal and bulgery side, just get a large lock on your garage door and dont tell anyone where you live lol

went to look at a house there a few weeks back, drove down the road that runs behind the asda, houses looked really nice semi detached, turned left went for about 200 yards turned left again, entered a mini estate of grey terreced houses, pulled up looked around for 10 minutes found the house i was looking for (one of the grey ones) almost everywhere i looked around this house were boarded up houses and a old rover which had been vandalised, the missus said it was like driving through Gaza strip. all around it was lovely but id say avoid the grey estate, just my opinion mind.

i lived on richmond park view only just moved off few month bk was there 4 years and couldnt wait 2 move within months.the reason they are borded up is they are gettin knocked down (i lived in 1 of these) and new built the plan is to make area is nicer but i took my chance to run even tho offered brand new once built house. hope this helps

Depends where at Richmond, i live near the shops and its very handy for the shops (obviously), buses - 25/25A every 10 minutes (just 20 minutes to town, not 40-1hour as previously stated), 32 end of road, parkway a couple of minutes away, Asda and Morrisons 5/10 minutes away and only about 15 minutes drive to crystal peaks.

Not so good when you head towards woodthorpe, and many people on here seem to be describing Handsworth, which is as you head closer to the Asda, this isn't Richmond in my opinion.

Lived here about 7-8 years and could think of worse places to live.