Sheffield City Council pay and grading review

Unison meeting at the City Hall Thursday 14th May 5.30 to 7pm to discuss the new "offer" ( joke.. someone told me they had worked out that we would be working for £1.58 an hour if we accept the new conditions!) for school based staff.

Unison meeting at the City Hall Thursday 14th May 5.30 to 7pm to discuss the new "offer" ( joke.. someone told me they had worked out that we would be working for £1.58 an hour if we accept the new conditions!) for school based staff.

I don't believe you.

I still have not received a letter re pay and grading, do you know of anyone else in the same position?

Mrs Bushbaby

Has anyone had any information about the appeals process?

Originally they told us we'd know how to appeal by April, then in the Roadshows they said it was put back until May. It's now June and they said they'd be implementing in July. It doesn't leave much time to put an appeal together.

I can't believe they are adding further insult by leaving us in limbo with no information on appeals. We can't appeal yet, we can't look for new jobs in the council beacause they are still not being advertised at the new pay rates. So we're still just waiting, wondering and being stressed out by the whole thing.

Has anyone had any appeals info?

Hello all

Could you tell me if the pay and grading was implemented as of July the 1st so we will see a difference on our wage slips for july ??

Not as far as we know. I was told by our burser that the changes will not take place until at least October if not later. No new contracts have gone out yet, hopefully it will be the New Year at least

Hello all

Could you tell me if the pay and grading was implemented as of July the 1st so we will see a difference on our wage slips for july ??

No it has been put back again, there will be another letter to all staff when the council gets there finger out. Once you get the letter there will be 13 weeks consultation period, to see if you accept the new wage,when you get the letter the new implimentation date will be on that.

There will be winners in the new grading structure who will want it back dateing to April 2007 when it should have been implimented . Wait and see!!!!!

Not as far as we know. I was told by our burser that the changes will not take place until at least October if not later. No new contracts have gone out yet, hopefully it will be the New Year at least

Not sure it will be as late as next year, i think it will be after school returns.

Well I have recieved my pay slip and there is no difference at all. Hope this helps x x

Well I have recieved my pay slip and there is no difference at all. Hope this helps x x

Yep, me too:D

so why do you think that they wil back date for winners ??

surely they would have to do the same for winners and losers

Any news yet re the regrading? The suspense is killing me :-(