ABC streets and Burton St school

I lived in Fawley Road!

Does anyone remember the Warburton boy who was killed by a milk float?

I remeber two fruit and veg Hawkers that came round the ABC streets.One was Pete Salvin and The other Freddie Hicks.In the early 1950's a family moved into Brough Street called Warburton.I think I remember him being a hawer he had a daughter called Mavis. and a son called tommy.not sure wether the had another child.They had a cocker spaniel that came and sat on our front step and would sing when I played the piano.

Edited by carlray
more added

Mrs Killalee at the first house on the left had a small shop.She would let us use our sweet coupons a month in advance. There was also a small shop in Anlaby street run by a man with one arm Mr Farnsworth,He also let you use your next months coupons in advance.

I had forgotten about the blue sugar bags. Talking about Mrs Killilee, I wouldn't dare go in a shop and ask for two ounce of sweets now.

There was also a little shop in Rawson Street in the living room.I think the name was Taylor.This was another shop that would let you have your sweet allowance in advance during rationing.

remember the white wall on the tip?

Edited by jackmarr

Thanks wisbech,but I had been long gone from the streets by then.

Did you know Pat Coulson?

Does anyone remember the Warburton boy who was killed by a milk float?

I dont remember that but i do remember a girl that was in our class ( burton st. school) i think her name was beryl goddard got killed on penistone rd by a bus sometime in the early 50s.

Hi my uncles lived there in the 40s /50s seven brothers there sur name was andrews did you know them?

My OH knows all of them very well. So who's son are you??

If I've got the right streets my Grandmother Shepherd lived at 10 Cottam street up until the 1960's. I remember a tripe shop on the main road that had a dog made out of Park Drive packets in the window. Also the local barber where us youngsters stood on a box and he walked around you to cut your hair!

My OH knows all of them very well. So who's son are you??

knew all of them I lived in hobson ave same age as mick I went to burton st school they went to sacred heart dave brumpton

Edited by davebrmm
spelling