ABC streets and Burton St school

I lived at 18 hobson ave the next street down from 1941 till mid 60s

I lived at 18 hobson ave the next street down from 1941 till mid 60s

didnt a woman run a shop upstairs at a house in hobson avenue...i remember being sent to buy sugar which she gave me in a dark blue paper bag

Hi my uncles lived there in the 40s /50s seven brothers there sur name was andrews did you know them?

Just had a thought, anyone remember the st fights that went on 46 on, one st against another, great battle's with roll up newspaper's of course it got out of hand I got my head split open when they started throwing rocks(any one wishing to own up)being from Penistone rd I could join any st I liked, we just didn't want the war to go away

I knew Beverly Booth,Played with his brother Roy in the1940s we both went to Burton St.school. Others in Brough st you may recall are the Wrights.Walkers Kirbys,My family the Bradfords,Greggs and Ashtons .I wonder where they are now

Just had a thought, anyone remember the st fights that went on 46 on, one st against another, great battle's with roll up newspaper's of course it got out of hand I got my head split open when they started throwing rocks(any one wishing to own up)being from Penistone rd I could join any st I liked, we just didn't want the war to go away

I remeber the one with Brough street and High House Road (Alan Parkers Mob)

on Kymers Hill and the tip between Rawson Street and Cuthbert Bank

I remeber the one with Brough street and High House Road (Alan Parkers Mob)

on Kymers Hill and the tip between Rawson Street and Cuthbert Bank

We just used kymers hill for digging up clay for our winter warmers, proper little fire bugs

Hi Flyer Did you get the clay from the hole at the right hand side of the air raid shelter door ?

Hi Flyer Did you get the clay from the hole at the right hand side of the air raid shelter door ?

Its been a long time but I'm pretty sure that was one of many air raid shelters we slept in when on run-away from Fullwood Homes they made good digs and every now and then we found old food still in there:gag::gag:

didnt a woman run a shop upstairs at a house in hobson avenue...i remember being sent to buy sugar which she gave me in a dark blue paper bag

Mrs Killalee at the first house on the left had a small shop.She would let us use our sweet coupons a month in advance. There was also a small shop in Anlaby street run by a man with one arm Mr Farnsworth,He also let you use your next months coupons in advance.

I loved going to Mrs Killilees. I was born in 1951 and lived in Fawley Road. The good old days! Does anyone remember the man with the horse and cart selling fruit and veg? We used to hitch a ride up the street on the cart. Remembering Margery Oldfield who ran the post office at the end of Fawley road as well.

Edited by jackmarr
addition

Did anybody out there live in the ABC street or know anybody who did.I was born in Anlaby St in 1941 and went to Burton St school.I would love to hear about my friends from them days.Micheal Mginley[Cuthbert bank]Tony Wetherall[?][bamford street and Beverly Booth who lived in Brough Street.There were others but too numerous to mention.:thumbsup:

I lived in Fawley Road!