Guinea Pigs - some advice please

Hi Guys

Just looking for some advice regarding guinea pigs.

After deciding that we'd like a pet, we thought about getting a couple of guinea pigs, they seem to make good pets and are so cute! We've never had them before and wondered if a breeder would be the best place to get them from? Should we steer clear of pet shops? Do any of you know any breeders?

We would like to keep them as indoor pets, as we don't have a garden? What kind of exercise should they have?

Would be really grateful for any advice!

Thank you.

Cotact*peaches* on here. She often has pigs for rehoming and I think she also breeds them.

Hi Sunshine.

I do indeed do both, they are the best pets in the world! They need daily exercise in a run on indoor pen if the ground is wet.

I keep half mine inside half out so they do very well as both, I am in Doncaster if you would like to visit :)

Aw they are lovely! I'm quite far from Doncaster and don't have a car so won't be able to I'm afraid!

Do they squeak all the time? It's putting my boyfriend off a bit I think, and he's looking at chinchillas now too, have you ever had one of those?

Never had chins, too jumpy for me. They won't wheek all the time no, only when you rustle a certain bag :hihi:

Never had chins, too jumpy for me. They won't wheek all the time no, only when you rustle a certain bag :hihi:

I think it's time I got my eyes tested again - I read that as "They won't whelk all the time ....." :hihi:

I think you need a cold shower not an eye test :hihi:

I think you need a cold shower not an eye test :hihi:

Drat - sussed again! I think I'm probably a tad over-excited as he's actually going to be in Sheffield tomorrow - be still my beating heart!! :love::hihi:

Cant help with guinea pigs but i used to have 2 chinchillas. They are very destructive-there is nothing they wont chew. Good fun but hard work. They aren't noisy in the vocal sense but like peaches said-jumpy. They make a right racket jumping around the cage. Strictly indoor pets too. Oh-and mine used to throw poo at me through the cage :gag:

Oh-and mine used to throw poo at me through the cage :gag:

:hihi: that really tickled me! Not very nice though, think I definitley like the sound of guinea pigs more than chinchillas!

Peaches - do you know of any breeders near the S1/S6 area?

Thanks for your help guys! x

:hihi: that really tickled me! Not very nice though, think I definitley like the sound of guinea pigs more than chinchillas!

Peaches - do you know of any breeders near the S1/S6 area?

Thanks for your help guys! x

I have 2 chinchillas they are lovely and i do handle them alot ,

I have 10 guineapigs who make plenty of noise eeking and the rustling when

I give them their daily veggies.