Sign in to follow this  

When should I get my cam belt changed? (Nissan)

I've got a Nissan X Trail which has done 67,000 miles. As far as I can tell from its service history it hasn't had its cam belt changed.

Does anyone know when a cam belt should be changed on a car like this?

Is it a pricey job to have done?

Well, you've made my day! This explains why my Google search didn't bring anything up!

Interesting that you've got to change the brake fluid every two years. I've never come across that before with a car.

You should change brake fluid at least every two to three years because it is a hygroscopic fluid..ie it absorbs water from the air which causes the boiling temp of the brake fluid to drop which can cause the fluid to boil which leads to very poor or no brakes which can mean brown trousers!!:thumbsup:

You should change brake fluid at least every two to three years because it is a hygroscopic fluid..ie it absorbs water from the air which causes the boiling temp of the brake fluid to drop which can cause the fluid to boil which leads to very poor or no brakes which can mean brown trousers!!:thumbsup:

And water in the fluid rusts up the ABS braking parts, that is an EXPENSIVE replacement job