Dogs in Pubs. Yes or no? Opinions please

Are dogs in pubs a good thing or a bad thing?

Discuss

i think its a good thing as long as they behave,,,only cause i have dogs and love poppin in for a drink after a long walk with them:hihi:

Rather have a dog in the pub than someones screaming brats running around.

You need a poll.

As with children in some pubs, dogs are perfectly fine as long as they're well-behaved and quiet. Keep the wet ones out of the food area, as the smell of wet dog puts me off my lunch (but again, that goes for children too :hihi:) .

was going to comment something like ..."dogs are bad in pubs because after a few beers you end up taking them home..and regret it in the morning" ........:D

Keep the wet ones out of the food area, as the smell of wet dog puts me off my lunch (but again, that goes for children too :hihi:) .

Wet children :o

I'm all for it too, mainly because it's a real git when you have to sit outside in the cold because you can't take her in with you!

yes but not in food areas and must be of good

AND NOT TO DRIVE HOME LOL:hihi::hihi:

Re-: Dogs in pubs

Try going into the Ball in Hillsborough on a Thursday night.

The place is full of them

can't see a problem with it as long as they're "pub trained" and don't crap on the floor! we take all our dogs on hols with us and there are many more places on the coast that allow dogs in, more than likely because they depend on it to earn a living. obviously as a dog owner i'd chose the place that accepts dogs over the one that doesn't, and there are an awful lot of people who take their dogs with them on holiday.

whilst i like dogs, the sight of any animal in the food preparation or service area of a pub will prompt me to immediately call the Food Safety Team at the council to lodge a complaint.

similarly, if i am having a meal or a drink, and a patron's animal (typically a dog, rarely a cat) performs in a way that i feel might create a health and safety issue, i will lodge a complaint.

i have called them a few times in the last few years and still have their phone number stored in my mobile.

FYI, it's 0114-273-4415 to report any occurances per the above.

Dogs should never be a problem in pubs, because the people who take them in are dog lovers, and therefore usually have well-behaved well-trained animals who don't cause problems. By this I mean as opposed to the council estate scroats, who pretend to be animal lovers but let their dogs roam all over the place.