Beattie gone to Stoke - Confirmed

i couldnt believe what i was hearing when a blunt got on my bus talking about it, had to ask him if it was true as he was getting off!

i dont see how utd can get a striker as good as him for what they sold him for. if you can get lita then it might pay off. if thats true that cresswell will be signing then its a very bad move, although you would be guaranteed at least 1 goal in the derby game:thumbsup:

I really hope its not cresswell, he's not a Beattie more like an akinbadbuy. Lets face it Warnock was after him and his knowledge of strikers is on par with Brian Laws. Give me Lita anyday, dont really like the man but hes a striker and thats what we need. and a bargain at 0.5m

he never did owt at hillsbro

He's not that daft as to go for cresswell- people are just saying that because he is a striker and he plays for stoke!!!

who can he get for £3.5m thats available -thats if he has all the money to spend

Cresswell would be a HUGE downgrade for us.

BT is a different class to most strikers in the division, we have been spoilt for the last season and a half. I couldn't believe it when he signed for us.

It shows that we ARE a selling club in the grand scheme of things.

Apart from the obvious (rich) ones in the Premiership, which clubs aren't selling clubs these days? Its sad, and its not necessarily right, but its business. And ultimately, thats what we're supporting. A business.

And I'm not saying that the Beattie sale IS a good business decison, because I'm not involved enough in that business to know whether it is or it isn't.

who can he get for £3.5m thats available -thats if he has all the money to spend

I would say there are plenty of strikers available for 3.5million- the problem is that you have to find one who will score as many goals as beats did.

I would say there are plenty of strikers available for 3.5million- the problem is that you have to find one who will score as many goals as beats did.

and not many will drop out of the premiership ,so its either abroad or the championship

He's not that daft as to go for cresswell- people are just saying that because he is a striker and he plays for stoke!!!

I think we should pay a bit of attention to the fact it COULD be Creswell. As said, he is a Blackwell type player. It is also a player he has signed previously at Leeds.

I think we should pay a bit of attention to the fact it COULD be Creswell. As said, he is a Blackwell type player. It is also a player he has signed previously at Leeds.

he wont get you 20 a season

Apart from the obvious (rich) ones in the Premiership, which clubs aren't selling clubs these days? Its sad, and its not necessarily right, but its business. And ultimately, thats what we're supporting. A business..

To a certain extent yes pretty much everyone is a selling club.

But my opinion is that we shouldn't be looking to offload players unless the price is right for us. And if the SUFC board believe that £2.5 million is the right figure, then we are a selling club in terms of finances. It looks like the credit crunch is going to hit the Blades.

To a certain extent yes pretty much everyone is a selling club.

But my opinion is that we shouldn't be looking to offload players unless the price is right for us. And if the SUFC board believe that £2.5 million is the right figure, then we are a selling club in terms of finances. It looks like the credit crunch is going to hit the Blades.

its going to hit the whole of football. maybe it will be a good thing and bring down the barmy wages