Sheffield Urban Exploration photography group

Some nice shots on your site, Tom.

Thanks jezzyjj.

Had a look at your site also. Nice unique photography.

Hey Guys

I too am I photography student in Sheffield interested in finding locations and doing some urban exploration. Can you tell me, did 'James-photo' ever get anything off the ground regarding setting up a group. Also, is there any groups going at the moment that I could join in with. Any info would be great - Ta.

Hey Guys

I too am I photography student in Sheffield interested in finding locations and doing some urban exploration. Can you tell me, did 'James-photo' ever get anything off the ground regarding setting up a group. Also, is there any groups going at the moment that I could join in with. Any info would be great - Ta.

Hi!

We usually arrange a monthly meet on the forum for anyone interested. There is a thread on here about our next meet in February - you'll be more than welcome to join us!

________

Vaporizer review

Edited by Hemlock

Hey Guys

Hi, for some useful guides to urban exploration and some great pictures and reports go to - http://www.28dayslater.co.uk, lots of memembers from this area including myself.

Hey all, I'm also interested. I've been to a few sites in Sheffield (see flickr link in profile) and would be keen to see more.

I stuck around in Sheffield after uni, and although I didn't do photography it's a hobby I'm keen to pursue more!

Oh, and Squiggs, I know of the "character" to which you refer - he was with a few of us who spent a day exploring locally - strange guy, but does seem to know lots of local sites (probably because he's squatted at most of them :D)!

Hi Guys,

I have been looking around 28dayslater for the past couple of days and wondered if anyone know of any Abandoned/Ruined buildings in Sheffield that you can get access too? I want to go exploring and take some photos of such a place but have no idea where to start?

I was thinking of the old buildings off wolley wood bottom that can be accessed over the train tracks via the bridge but I have heard they are used for dogging and thats not exactly what I had in mind for photographing :love::love:

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

theres still a few places around sheffield, and more unexplored to my knowlege. Search on 28dayslater in the industrial section.

Deggle, is Jacobs the place up on Abbydale Road? If so is it still standing do you know?

Just a note guys,

If you are off out urban exploring, it can be very dangerous and occasionally illegal. It is almost certainly tresspass, which is a civil offence in most cases, however, if you are caught this can soon be escalated to another criminal offence depending on the circumstances.

With regards to the saftey side of things - old buildings, drains etc are VERY dangerous places and I would never advise anyone to go to these places on a whim, unexperieced and unprepared.

It's best to start at the shallow end, so to speak (outbuildings, barns), rather than diving in at the deep end (Hospitals, asylums, factories). Its essential to bear in mind that many sites will have security - be it staff, dogs, or equipment. This always spells trouble for inexperienced explorers. Not to mention the threat from junkies and scumbags.

All in all, you partake in this activity at your own risk, know your limits, know the law and dont take in stupid risks.

Its also best not to discuss these things in detail in public.

Just a note guys,

If you are off out urban exploring, it can be very dangerous and occasionally illegal. It is almost certainly tresspass, which is a civil offence in most cases, however, if you are caught this can soon be escalated to another criminal offence depending on the circumstances.

With regards to the saftey side of things - old buildings, drains etc are VERY dangerous places and I would never advise anyone to go to these places on a whim, unexperieced and unprepared.

It's best to start at the shallow end, so to speak (outbuildings, barns), rather than diving in at the deep end (Hospitals, asylums, factories). Its essential to bear in mind that many sites will have security - be it staff, dogs, or equipment. This always spells trouble for inexperienced explorers. Not to mention the threat from junkies and scumbags.

All in all, you partake in this activity at your own risk, know your limits, know the law and dont take in stupid risks.

Its also best not to discuss these things in detail in public.

You sound quite experienced on the whole subject ;D

You sound quite experienced on the whole subject ;D

Well, Ive done my fair share. I just dont want anybody running into this eyes closed and getting arrested, getting hurt or worse.

It can be very rewarding and and extremely interesting. You get to see things no one will ever see and experience places which you wouldn't normally. The photos I have taken whilst exploring have been some of my best.

Just try and bear in mind my advice if you plan to do this, and never go alone!

I ended up finding this thread more for the fact that I was trying to find other squatters in Sheffield but this thread caught my eye...only for the fact that I have just been passed on a proper camera! :) For many years I have wanted to take up photography as a real hobby as I love all sides of it. I was wondering if any of you would be up for taking me out for a day and giving me a few pointers as I haven't really got any idea where to start. My mate told me a lot about depth of field, iso, tv, av, flash, lol! but to be honest its all a bit of a jungle that I dont get! Also I am well up for exploring round sheffield a bit as I have only been here for a year and a bit.

If anyone could message me maybe I'd be really grateful.

:)

thanks