Sheffield Urban Exploration photography group

We're getting a few people together to build up a photography group in Sheffield. We'd be focusing on photographing old buildings and derelict establishments. We're looking for other like minded people to combine efforts.

We have a group on facebook which my friend has just set up, so you can join us there.

Reply if you're interested, and i'll message you the details.

Come along to our meets too... one tomorrow ;)

Yes, we'd love to see you tomorrow - photographing Scarsdale Hall - a derelict building. Meeting in the car park at 1pm.

I've got a name for myself on here for photographing old walls, rusty things etc - so this group sounds just up my street. Please send me details - I'll be interested

________

BMW IV

Edited by Hemlock

hey guys, thanks for the invite, we should definatly join forces, looks like we both have some good locations lined up! im not back in sheffield tomorrow, but il let you both know when I am, and keep each other posted on meets.

I've spent a lot of time scrabbling around derelict buildings in my time. Though 'Le Grand Moulins' in Paris will be hard, maybe impossible to beat. I found it by accident looking for somewhere else, after being told LGM was elsewhere entirely. This was before I shot digitally and before finding stuff online was so easy. They were just starting to gentrify it when I found it. Annoyingly I found it only a couple of hours before leaving and nearly missed flight home.

One question.

Has this got anything to do with that "character" (to put it politely) Mark "Mozaz" Wallace?

(I ask this since he seems to have developed an interest in "Urban Exploration" in his eternal quest for attention seeking)

I'd never heard of him, ironically until you mentioned him.

So he needs to work a bit harder at getting attention.

This sounds cool. Used to do a lot of UE a few years ago, had a mooch around Middlewood Hospital and a few other places of note, I'd love to know more mate

I'd be quite interested in this

Hi, im intrested in this too

yes i am interested also in taking part in this.

We have done a few places in Sheffield, some now reduced to rubble and some still standing.

I have a few photos of my explores on my website:

http://www.tomsandersonphotography.co.uk