Sign in to follow this  

Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) stations

Out of interest, just how popular are these in Sheffield?

I've also discovered this co based in Sheffield

http://www.envirodiesel.co.uk/

Anyone use/heard of them?

A quote from another site:

“Many people do not know that vegetable oil is a better fuel than diesel for car performance and it is perfectly legal if you pay duty on the cooking oil. "

Has anyone done this?

I did know that one can run a diesel engine on cooking oil, buit I don't think I would bother with all the hassle of paying duty, as it is not worth the trouble."And I'm tired".

True, it not worth the hassle filling in forms, working out how much you've used, proof, etc...

but these guys based in Sheffield do all this for you.

From what I understand --

<Incorrect prices removed - thanks t020 for pointing this out>

Inclusive of this price is the fuel duty and VAT.

Here is the URL in question again http://www.envirodiesel.co.uk/

Click on the price list button at the end of the page.

It is probably only worth doing this if

a) You happen to live close by

b) Be aware that there is an alternative if there is ever another fuel blockade.

Where do you fill up???????? Not seen anywhere charging £1.80 a litre for anything! What does your car run on, liquid gold?

Perhaps 18p per litre was meant. I think that's how much it worked out at when all this rubbish was in the news some time ago.

LPG is good, many major petrol stations now stock it, but the duty is frozen for three years and when this time expires (soon), it may go up a bit in price.

I heard reasonably recently that some environmentalists are now saying that modern petrol cars have become so efficient that they produce as few emissions as LPG cars and as a result the tax on LPG should match petrol.

So, and I apologise for stating the obvious, expect taxes to go up.

Originally posted by richard

I heard reasonably recently that some environmentalists are now saying that modern petrol cars have become so efficient that they produce as few emissions as LPG cars and as a result the tax on LPG should match petrol.

So, and I apologise for stating the obvious, expect taxes to go up.

Shouldn't that be the other way around then. If you own a new car why can't the tax you pay on petrol match that of LPG.

Originally posted by Lickszz

Shouldn't that be the other way around then. If you own a new car why can't the tax you pay on petrol match that of LPG.

Then where would the Government get their money from? They'd have to search for another hidden tax they could introduce.

Don't worry though, I'm sure they're currently working out a plan to tax us on the air we breath.