On the buses: "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

If I made a table you could examine it all you like and you won't find my physical presence but the table is evidence of my existence.

If Mr. Leyland made a bus you could examine it all you like and you wont his physical presence but the bus is evidence of his existence.

Likewise with God. The cosmos is evidence of God's existence.

So if they ever get the LHC back up and running and manage to prove beyond all doubt that you can in fact create something from nothing, a universe from a single particle, by actually doing it, thus showing the cosmos can have been 'created from nothing' and wouldn't need a creator, will you concede that your last sentence is entirely a speculative theory based around blind faith?

This also begs the question of who created God?

What has god been doing for the last couple of thousand years?

What has god been doing for the last couple of thousand years?

maybe been busy playing the role of Santa Claus?

'There's probably no God' is quite an apt message for a bus.

"Without God this bus would not exist."

But if there were a god, surely the bus would run on time :hihi:

But if there were a god, surely the bus would run on time :hihi:

Your joking aren't you, buses are the devils work.

Designed to stress everyone out, even the people running them.

There's definitely been no one harping on about god for 4.5 billion years.

I'm pretty sure that this is a quote directly out of your voodoo book.

In which case 1600 years is about right.

ID. The table is not evidence of your existence Grahame. It might appear to a simple mind that complex things can only come into existence through design, but that's not the case. Given enough time complex things come into existence through pure chance. That's what life is.

So no one today can write about a historical event. I see. :huh:

Apart from being unable to accept that we can write about past events which people do all the time, you are also unable to accept that something exists due to a superior intelligence, unless you can see, weigh, or measure said intelligence for yourself. Not only that but you expect, nay even demand the intelligence is present and makes itself known to you.

Okay Grahame, If we were told that "God created heaven and Earth" then first off who did the telling.

Secondly, according to the bible God existed well before man, therefore please tell me who exactly witnessed God create the heaven and Earth?:confused:

The creation account in the Bible is precisely the same as scientists are telling us today. You should be asking how the early writers knew.

The creation account in the Bible is precisely the same as scientists are telling us today. You should be asking how the early writers knew.

Hmm, perhaps my question wasn't clear enough Grahame.

Who witnessed God creating the Earth and the Heavens?

It couldn't be man since he didn't exist until much later.

Was it the angels then?

So if they ever get the LHC back up and running and manage to prove beyond all doubt that you can in fact create something from nothing, a universe from a single particle, by actually doing it, thus showing the cosmos can have been 'created from nothing' and wouldn't need a creator, will you concede that your last sentence is entirely a speculative theory based around blind faith?

This also begs the question of who created God?

It is the scientists who tell us the cosmos came from nothing, you will have to ask them.

God is said to be eternal and omnipresent. Time and space to not need creating. They are "there" like God.

Hmm, perhaps my question wasn't clear enough Grahame.

Who witnessed God creating the Earth and the Heavens?

It couldn't be man since he didn't exist until much later.

Was it the angels then?

Are you saying creation was witnessed? Whatever make you think that?

But isn't it just the same as saying that 'there probably isn't a Santa'? No-one can prove that he doesn't exist (the same way no-one can prove a negative). Therefore to say 'there is no God' would not be correct as we can not catagorically 100% prove that there isn't. However, evidence, logic and rational thinking places God in the same category as Santa, the Tooth Fairy and Thor.

Really? How many people do you know start to believe in Santa, Tooth Fairy and Thor in adulthood???