East Midland trains

I dont suffer from second-hand drinking but alcohol on trains quite often means passengers being too loud (singing, bad language etc). Also dancing on tables, right in vision of the onboard cameras. Of course nothing gets done about it though.

A person like yourself having a quiet glass of wine is different, a much more civilised passenger.

Two different things though. I've never seen anyone in 1st class drinking free wine and dancing on the table.

So it's not about the alcohol per se, it's about how much of it they've drunk and the type of person.

Maybe it would be easier to ban football fans than alcohol (for the sake of the majority of civilised passengers).

Or put a few police officers on trains that are serving football matches.

I'm sure the survey was worded more like "Would you like a trolley service on the train?" rather than "We're shutting the buffets, would you like the opportunity to attempt to buy one of the four sandwiches we've managed to fit on a tiny trolley instead?".

When I have seen the trolleys in use on First Transpennine services they seem compact but well-stocked. There is usually a variety of sandwiches, crisps, sweets, cake/biscuits, hot and cold drinks etc.

Two different things though. I've never seen anyone in 1st class drinking free wine and dancing on the table.

So it's not about the alcohol per se, it's about how much of it they've drunk and the type of person.

Maybe it would be easier to ban football fans than alcohol (for the sake of the majority of civilised passengers).

Or put a few police officers on trains that are serving football matches.

Whilst using First Transpennine services in and around the North-West there have been drunken passengers onboard who do not appear to be the stereotypical football fan though.

They stopped doing free tea and coffee! Unless you travel first class...which I do :D:D:razz:

that doesnt surprise me at all - it was always a price rise by the back door.

Having a trolley service on a Manchester train may be acceptable but come on the London service is vastly differant and there have never been buffet cars on Trans Pennine trains , having said that and while we are on the subject of drinking there are never enough beers on a trolley !

I've never tried First TransPenine Trains, but regularly use Virgin and EMT and itsd previous incarnations. In terms of space, comfort and cleanliness, Virgin is head and shoulders above anything I've used in the UK. Its like being on an airplane, even in Standard. Where possible I travel first though, but on the new EMT service I really see little point. Its such a drop in quality from the previous MML service that I just buy the cheapies and save my money for Virgin First Class. I thinks its really sad that St Pancras's return to the centre stage with the new International Terminal has conicided with such a backward step for the Midland Line services. Who really would want to get of the Eurostar and continue a train journey on EMT Trains that really should only be used for local shuttle services between Derby & Nottingham? Where is the type of HS1 service promised?! EMT should go back to the drawing board. Bring back the the 125's at least, and bring back proper First Class. I had an amazing breakfast on the old MML, just before they lost the franchise. It was top notch stuff, real quality, and included in the £31 one way fare. The Midland Line services need someone that is willing to invest as Virgin has, not some pennypinchers that want to suck any profit out of what is a good franchise, and leave the scraps.

Edited by SacredRiver

the new trains are great but i hate the old ones that look loke busses, yuk

Think we all have to remember that East Midlands is now run by a bus company , all they are interested in are selling tickets and forget any service. I always used Mainline for trips to London but now go from Doncaster or Leeds but even these are not a patch on Mainline. And why do we have to stand all the way on almost every journey as we are crammed in ?