Slang words names and phrases that were used by smokers

With the decline in the number of the use of tobacco a whole vocabulary of words, names and phrases are beginning to disappear.

Can you remember these from the past?

It would be interesting to see what you come up with.

I'll start it off with the following references to cigarettes but the whole range could cover

pipe smoking, chewing tobacco, snuff taking.

Here goes:- Coffin Nails, Woodies, Tab Ends.

Happy Days! PopT

Flash the ash. Dog end. Parkies.

Dog ends, flip (when someone stubbed the end of the cigarette to save until later).

Hate the things, I can't even bear the smell of a smoker near me though I did smoke from being about 12-21!

Duffems

We used to call them bifters at school, although that might be Merseyside slang! Also snouts and smokes.

Dog ends, flip (when someone stubbed the end of the cigarette to save until later).

Hate the things, I can't even bear the smell of a smoker near me though I did smoke from being about 12-21!

Duffems

I remember going through everyones coat pocket at home looking for a tab end...always found one :thumbsup:

We used to collect dog ends up off the street, take the baccy out and roll our own. The poor man's Balkan Sobranie. What a disgusting habit.

OP's ......Other Peoples if you were skint and couldn't afford your own....there WERE some people that only ever smoked other peoples as well.

Three more

Stogies- American Cigarette or cigar ends

Gaspers

In New Zealand they have 'Smokoes' - tea breaks.

Keep em coming Forummers

Happy days !

Three more

Stogies- American Cigarette or cigar ends

Gaspers

In New Zealand they have 'Smoko's' - tea breaks.

Keep em coming Forummers

Happy days !

We used to collect dog ends up off the street, take the baccy out and roll our own. The poor man's Balkan Sobranie. What a disgusting habit.

I've been through my own ashtrays and done that, but never with other people's dog ends off the street. Always good to find out that there's someone who's sunk lower than you ;-)

I remember going through everyones coat pocket at home looking for a tab end...always found one :thumbsup:

My dad's inside jacket pocket under the stairs was always a surefire bet - we weren't supposed to know that he smoked, so accusing me of nicking one would mean admitting that he was a smoker ;-)

Drag, (as in gi's a drag). Roll up.