Paper shredding centres

Does anyone know if there is a place where people can take paper for shredding.

Perhaps I will have to buy a shredder but I would rather take it somewhere where they can recycle it.

Shredding creates quite bulky waste and we wouldn't have room in the bag that we use for paper recycling if we shredded it.

Don't you have a blue bin for paper/cardboard waste? That way you can shred it yourself and it it will be recycled if it's in the blue bin.

There was something earlier this year on Radio Sheffield about a community service going round Shopping Centres with a mobile truck-based shredder for people to use.

I think it was only a trial and I have no details.

Perhaps this may jog someones memory or you could always give Radio Sheffield a ring.

I don't live in Sheffield; in Eckington we have a plastic bag for recycling paper.

You could get a cheap shredder and recycle the paper yourself like using it as bedding for a hamster, guinea pig or rabbit. Or give it to someone you know that has a small animal.

Originally posted by cgksheff

There was something earlier this year on Radio Sheffield about a community service going round Shopping Centres with a mobile truck-based shredder for people to use.

I think it was only a trial and I have no details.

Perhaps this may jog someones memory or you could always give Radio Sheffield a ring.

There was a shredder van in Morrisons friday am.Don't know who it belonged to though it just said mobile shredder on the side.

Just dragged this old thread up, If you shred paper yourself I will take the shredded paper and recycle it. I promise I won't try and put it all back together and steal your identity, I mix it with shavings and use it for horse bedding, saves money and recycles. I can pick up from anywhere in Sheffield. So please if you have any amount of shredded paper drop me a PM. (No amount is too much!) Thank you X

Bump...I've spent a fruitless few hours on my day off feeding 3 sheets of paper a time into my poxy shredder, would be grateful if someone could save me from another 3 weeks of it and recommend somewhere that offers a confidental domestic paper shredding service rather than a business one?

Please help, I've got more paper cuts than WH Smith :cry:

Is this a service that people might pay a few quid for to chuck some bundles in a hopper?

Is this a service that people might pay a few quid for to chuck some bundles in a hopper?

Well looking around at the options for domestic shredding (nil), I certainly think it is. I've heard some councils dont like the blue bin being used for shredded paper too.

I am about to have a mobile shredder come to me. Having been self employed for quite a while, I thought it was about time I had a clear out, it will cost about £50 (minimum charge) to have three large sacks full shredded on my premises.

I am about to have a mobile shredder come to me. Having been self employed for quite a while, I thought it was about time I had a clear out, it will cost about £50 (minimum charge) to have three large sacks full shredded on my premises.

Thanks for that info smithy, I only have a couple of boxes left now, so that wouldn't be economical from my point of view, they might become acquainted with a bonfire and some lighter fuel tomorrow!