Jordanthorpe school 1965 - 1969.

Alan Wragg, what is yours, your not going to say John Sumner, I worked with John after leaving school, but probably know all the names still.

I was trying to get copies of the rugby team photos during the same period, I was probably not so nice in those days, good job I decided to get educated and calm down.

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 17:08 ----------

I did not know Sellars wife was a teacher at all, he was very strange guy bouncing along every time he walked, but harmless.

I'll P.M you Alan.

I remember Mr Sellars. He was a great teacher, a bit off the wall but loads of patience with those less able than others.

Was Mr Sellars a teacher at Jordanthorpe School?

I am looking for a teacher called Walter Sellars, whose wife was a teacher too. I am told he was a little excentric!

There was a Mr Sellars years later when I went. He was a little odd but nice enough as I remember. One day he turned up on the bus, I asked him where

his car was and he told me that it was being mended. He had been putting a pint of oil in the engine every time he put petrol because he thought that's

what you should do :-)

HI All,

I was at Jordanthorpe from 1961 to 1965, I remember the teachers, especially the head Mr Adams, went to his office a few times. My buddies were the Parkin twins Maurice and Norman, Steve Appleyard, Steve Ducker.

Some class mates Keith Hastings, went out with Sandra Horley for quite sometime. I remember we had a great football team. I have lived in Manchester for the last 30 years, but occasionally get back, when I pass the old place and Low Edges estate brings back memories.

Wow.. what a blast to read these threads.. I was at Jordanthorpe till 1966 then emigrated to Aus. I remember all the teachers listed especially Ivor Haythorn and Titty Waite oh and the slipper from Mr. Newton!!! Anyone heard from Glyn Thomas, Peter Scandrett, Gordon Otter??? Others I remember in my class were Ivan Swan, Chris Woolace.

HI All,

I was at Jordanthorpe from 1961 to 1965, I remember the teachers, especially the head Mr Adams, went to his office a few times. My buddies were the Parkin twins Maurice and Norman, Steve Appleyard, Steve Ducker.

Some class mates Keith Hastings, went out with Sandra Horley for quite sometime. I remember we had a great football team. I have lived in Manchester for the last 30 years, but occasionally get back, when I pass the old place and Low Edges estate brings back memories.

Good morning, I remember all these, I worked at TC Harrison, Maurice and Normans' mum worked on the pumps.

I moved to Autoways and played for the football team, so did Steve Ducker.

"....................

Edited by Pingman1
Personal

i left jordanthorpe in april 63 any body remember mr belk. metalwork mr sizer wood working. miss marsh art,who married mr sizer before i left....................
...I left about April '63 too and remember Mr Belk very well, he used to play in goal for Lincoln City....Pupils I remember are Gwen Reese and Jennifer Rose ( I was so in love with both of them !!! or was it the hormones ??) ...Peter Gilbert, Norman Gill, David jenkins, Bill Hartley, sadly deceased now...oh the list goes on and on, not seen any of them since I left school...happy days indeed.

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 18:57 ----------

anyone rember john heathcote he was a huge guy

david hill..........they are all in my head somwhere

heres another tom martin ,jennifer rose

I used to knock around with big John Heathcoat, very asthmatic lad...was a pal of Tommy Martin too...and Jennifer Rose...be still my beating heart !!!

Hi there anybody on this forum use to go to jordanthorpe secondry modern school from 1965 - 1969 and did anybody live on lowedges from the same time ?

I am trying to trace Janet Cowen. I think she lived on Gresley Road. I'm told she's still in the Sheffield area. Anyone know?

Hi Bigkev and hovelman,

I was at Jordanthorpe 1966-1970 and lived on Becket Rd,Lowedges.I remember Janet Cowen from those days and she did indeed live on Gresley Rd, I no longer live in Sheffield but wish you well with your search.My school days were spent with Kev Bamford, Kenny Broadhead, Steve Lunn, Dave Teather, Rodney Short, Bill Linton, Richy Ashworth, Tina and Dianne Sellars, Beverley Goddard, Beverley Bullass, Lynne Jubb, and many many more, would love to hear from anyone else who was around at that time, cant believe its nearly 50 years ago, good times and lots of memories both good and bad, anyway, best wishes to all past and present,

Chris

I was at Jordanthorpe  sec mod from 1963 to 67. My first year was at the annex in Greenhill village.  When I left in 67 I was in 4x2 I think the teachers name was Mr Prior ? and pop Adams was head and his deputy was Mr Rook.