Jordanthorpe school 1965 - 1969.

Hi maz114 - knew Clarkey & was present at the subbuteo contests also remember who lived at no 64. trying to rack my brains who you might be

Hi maz114 - knew Clarkey & was present at the subbuteo contests also remember who lived at no 64. trying to rack my brains who you might be

I have known Steve Clarke for nearly 50 years. I knew him first when he lived on the Lowedges estate. He then moved onto Jordanthorpe and we went to the same schooltogether--i never lived on "Jordo" so you may not know me.

I lost touch with him for a couple of years after we left Jordanthorpe school but met up at a Wednesday away game (he was a Wednesday fanatic then and he still is) and still keep in touch now.

I have known Steve Clarke for nearly 50 years. I knew him first when he lived on the Lowedges estate. He then moved onto Jordanthorpe and we went to the same schooltogether--i never lived on "Jordo" so you may not know me.

I lost touch with him for a couple of years after we left Jordanthorpe school but met up at a Wednesday away game (he was a Wednesday fanatic then and he still is) and still keep in touch now.

Hi Maz114 - from your user name I think I can guess who you are. I used to go to matches with SC when we were at school and used to meet up with a group of you of Lowedges. I will have known you from Jordanthorpe school.

I was at jordanthorpe school 1962 to 1967 my class included dave higginbotham ,ray ashcroft,paul guthrie ,max clark,nelly dont remem his name he had a big fight with max clark.stuart percival.chris barret.ian corker the frizzler.stuart beck blowing farts on the back of his hand,he blew farts that loud you could hear them even iff you were in clas and he was on the field.i remember somebody dropped a stinkbomb in ibars class and he sticked somebody for itso we blew his flower boxes up with bangers it blew the **** out of them as he came to his door.tit waites boyfriend dont remem his name sticked the whole class cause somebody spilt ink on his papers.i still have belly laughs at what we got up to relly good times.

I was at jordanthorpe school 1962 to 1967 my class included dave higginbotham ,ray ashcroft,paul guthrie ,max clark,nelly dont remem his name he had a big fight with max clark.stuart percival.chris barret.ian corker the frizzler.stuart beck blowing farts on the back of his hand,he blew farts that loud you could hear them even iff you were in clas and he was on the field.i remember somebody dropped a stinkbomb in ibars class and he sticked somebody for itso we blew his flower boxes up with bangers it blew the **** out of them as he came to his door.tit waites boyfriend dont remem his name sticked the whole class cause somebody spilt ink on his papers.i still have belly laughs at what we got up to relly good times.

In that case, you'll also be able to include Ian Bott, Trevor Caswell, John Coupe and Peter Fowler in your list?

Titty Waites boyfriend was a psychopath called Ivor Haythorne! He used to supervise the dinner queue shouting at the top of his voice with big blue veins protruding from his forehead. Absolutely barking mad, as was his colleague Mr Sellars!

In that case, you'll also be able to include Ian Bott, Trevor Caswell, John Coupe and Peter Fowler in your list?

....or was it John Fowler?! Peter and John were twins, and I can't recall which one was in your class!

Other names that have come to me since are Paul Gregory, Dave O'Brien, Max Brook, Graham (?) Thorpe...and I think it was Martin Daniels who faced up to Max Clark?

WOW, can't believe what I have read, so many ex pupils from the same time.

All the names, I know and John Tate, used to live on Fraser Crescent, I also lived on the same road, used to play football with the Crooks and was in same class, and don't' know if Chick on here is Chick Hancock, he was in same class.

Times have moved on hey, does anyone have the school rugby team photos from 65 to 69, they could post, I was in the team during the same period. Ivor Hawthorne was the Rugby team coach/teacher, who I believe was very close to Miss Waite.

I move around the world with my Job, and still do, so no chance to get hold of them, can any one help please.

---------- Post added 22-06-2013 at 07:08 ----------

All the names, I know and John Tate, used to live on Fraser Crescent, I also lived on the same road, used to play football with the Crooks and was in same class, and don't' know if Chick on here is Chick Hancock, he was in same class.

Times have moved on hey, does anyone have the school rugby team photos from 65 to 69, they could post, I was in the team during the same period. Ivor Hawthorne was the Rugby team coach/teacher, who I believe was very close to Miss Waite.

I move around the world with my Job, and still do, so no chance to get hold of them, can any one help please.

Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Rugby - 1

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Rugby - 1

Send email to Rugby - 1

Find More Posts by Rugby - 1

Threads Started by Rugby - 1

Add Rugby - 1 to Your Contacts

Titty Waites boyfriend was a psychopath called Ivor Haythorne! He used to supervise the dinner queue shouting at the top of his voice with big blue veins protruding from his forehead. Absolutely barking mad, as was his colleague Mr Sellars!

Was Mr Sellars a teacher at Jordanthorpe School?

I am looking for a teacher called Walter Sellars, whose wife was a teacher too. I am told he was a little excentric!

Yes, Mr Sellars was our music teacher after Kirkwood in Jordanthorpe boys in the period 1965 to 1969.

I have the envious title of breaking the piano stool and leaving the room, I put it together dry, he then sat on it and hit the floor, was I really that bad at school, amongst other things.

Adams, gave me 6 of the best, thankfully it was Adams and not Fearn or Newton

Yes, Mr Sellars was our music teacher after Kirkwood in Jordanthorpe boys in the period 1965 to 1969.

I have the envious title of breaking the piano stool and leaving the room, I put it together dry, he then sat on it and hit the floor, was I really that bad at school, amongst other things.

Thanks for that, do you know if Mr Sellars wife was a music teacher also?

I was told he might have taught history but I'm not sure?

Whats your surname rugby 1? I was at Jordo at the same time & played in the rugby team, probably with you.