Jordanthorpe school 1965 - 1969.

hi, I have just joined this forum,I was at Jordanthorpe 1966-1970,lived on Becket Rd Lowedges.would love to hear from any old mates from that time.i knew Derek Burnand when he burnt down the launderette.I used to drink in the Grennel Mower and the Magpie further down the road.i then moved onto Batemoor( Whinacre Walk) and drank in the Jordanthorpe and Batemoor pubs.anyone out there from those days please drop us a line.look forward to hearing from someone.kind regards chris

Hi albatross. you would have been there just as I was starting my first year.

teachers there yes adams headteacher or batman as was is nickname.rooks deputy head.

mr roberts (english)

mr such ( maths)

mr sibley ( library)

mr wilson (art)

mr Bagley (sience)

mr gibbs (metal work)

mr helliwell(woodwork)

mr wragg ( sience )

mr white ( english)

mr hawthorne ( pe )

miss waite or titty waite ( music ) cant remember the others I had some good times when I was there and some bad ones as well.so you lived on lowedges then you will remember the magpie pub then and the grennel moor then I use to live at the back of the magpie pub in the masionettes I wonder if you knew david greaves and john greaves there mum and dad was deaf.

i was in the same class as john greaves if i remember right his mum was a cleaner at the school.

Edited by chris bullen

Hi there anybody on this forum use to go to jordanthorpe secondry modern school from 1965 - 1969 and did anybody live on lowedges from the same time ?

hi big kev,i went to jordanthorpe 1966-70.lived on becket rd lowedges.

I went to jordanthorpe 62-66 here's some other teachers names to ponder. Annette franklin (dropped my pen regularly-nice legs) & mr bishop (both taught french).

I also thought it was haythorne not hawthorne (pe)

Hi albatross. you would have been there just as I was starting my first year.

teachers there yes adams headteacher or batman as was is nickname.rooks deputy head.

mr roberts (english)

mr such ( maths)

mr sibley ( library)

mr wilson (art)

mr Bagley (sience)

mr gibbs (metal work)

mr helliwell(woodwork)

mr wragg ( sience )

mr white ( english)

mr hawthorne ( pe )

miss waite or titty waite ( music ) cant remember the others I had some good times when I was there and some bad ones as well.so you lived on lowedges then you will remember the magpie pub then and the grennel moor then I use to live at the back of the magpie pub in the masionettes I wonder if you knew david greaves and john greaves there mum and dad was deaf.

Mr Freemont (chemistry!!)

Hiya it's Debbi Ball here, was quite well known for lots of reasons lol, i'm not the same girl!!! I promise and massive sorry to anyone i scared back then!! i was a troubled girl with big issues,lookin to catch up with people, i'm a Northern Soul Dj now, play @ festivals pubs and clubs, i miss the old gang and the community, the youth club, disco fri night with Joan Beardow bless her heart and love she showed us all, anyhow on facebook, i still see Mark Richardson, also have contact with Shawn Saunders if anyone remembers them!! I miss Brian Strutt, Mick Edwards(he was fit) anyhow on facebook as Debbi Soul xx

Did any of you know a Lee Platt,Bobby Knutts nephew he went to Jordanthorpe school I think,it was a long time ago very late 60's i knew him!!

hi, I have just joined this forum,I was at Jordanthorpe 1966-1970,lived on Becket Rd Lowedges.would love to hear from any old mates from that time.i knew Derek Burnand when he burnt down the launderette.I used to drink in the Grennel Mower and the Magpie further down the road.i then moved onto Batemoor( Whinacre Walk) and drank in the Jordanthorpe and Batemoor pubs.anyone out there from those days please drop us a line.look forward to hearing from someone.kind regards chris

aye up i remember that and i know you'll remember me lol

aye up i remember that and i know you'll remember me lol

I remember you Debbie.............

hiya yeah lee is my uncle it was his birthday a few weeks ago and we all were invited for a suprise birthday!

i used to babysit them lol

was mark coe nicknamed cogg ?. Yes

I lived on hazlebarrow drive .

did you know

lee platts . yes

tony crapper. looking for Tony

glenn froggatt. and all his brothers and sisters

ian geddes.

brian trigg. Yes

ronnie savage. yes

ross froggatt. yes

wayne kitson. yes

rob kitson. yes

brod howell [off ormand road].

chris chadwick[off ormand road] yes

and loads more too mant to mention .

I live in the US now and listen to americans talk about how easy everthing was for them,

when I tell stories of my life on Jordanthorpe they do not believe the stuff we got up to,

Rowlinson youth club, I remember the old barracks behind the school, the wheat fields before they finished Hazelbarrow area of Jordanthorpe.

All the underage drinking in the Berni Inn at meadowhead, and in the pub on the 'thorpe

we used to thinks fags' were breaking the rules, imagine if we had pot then.

i remmber all those mentioned they were all my sister Avril's mates and used to all come to our house party's lol also a lot of them went to allnighters and soul nights, i still am and dj'n northern soul @ clubs,pubs and festivals,

i remmber all those mentioned they were all my sister Avril's mates and used to all come to our house party's lol also a lot of them went to allnighters and soul nights, i still am and dj'n northern soul @ clubs,pubs and festivals,

Do you still see your Lisa?.