Brook Secondary Modern School

mr hollins used to teach geography both my brothers were in mr bartons class misslinnacre used to do sewing dident terry woods go out with the head girl judy i cant remember her name who did we have for french

I don't know about you but I had Mr Barnes for French in 1956 so you probably had him as well. Mr Barton did the library when I was there and Mr Lax taught music I was in Miss Hopwoods class ( art) in 1956 and Ma Newtons in 1960 when I left.

Edited by SILLY

My two cousins went there - they lived across from the school at 87 Handsworth Grange Road from the time the houses were built. Someone may remember them. Christine Brooks was the older and Michael Brooks was about 1.1/2 years younger.

Christine and her husband Tony live in the Chesterfield area and Micheal and his wife Lorraine live in Sheffield Highgreave area

I am their older cousin and live in Malaysia

Regards - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Malaysia

My two cousins went there - they lived across from the school at 87 Handsworth Grange Road from the time the houses were built. Someone may remember them. Christine Brooks was the older and Michael Brooks was about 1.1/2 years younger.

Christine and her husband Tony live in the Chesterfield area and Micheal and his wife Lorraine live in Sheffield Highgreave area

Hi,

What a coinsidence! I am meeting up with Christine this week, after many years. I can remember her telling me of her cousin Victor from Woodhouse???

Regards Cal

I remember them but it was Beaver Hill school that they lived across the road from not Brook.

Hi I was there until 1962. I did go on the camps to lake district, DofE camp. They were good times but I was very pleased to leave and start work. Just as I recently retired. How the years have flown. Was any one in Riviera club?

hi I was in rivaria club it started in the chaple on hall rd we used to play pocker in a small at the back till we got shoped moved to brook sckool later on

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 17:11 ----------

hi I was in rivaria club it started in the chaple on hall rd we used to play poker in a small at the back till we got shoped moved to brook sckool later on

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 17:12 ----------

hi I was in rivaria club it started in the chaple on hall rd we used to play poker in a small at the back till we got shoped moved to brook school later on

hi I was in rivaria club it started in the chaple on hall rd we used to play pocker in a small at the back till we got shoped moved to brook sckool later on

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 17:11 ----------

hi I was in rivaria club it started in the chaple on hall rd we used to play poker in a small at the back till we got shoped moved to brook sckool later on

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 17:12 ----------

hi I was in rivaria club it started in the chaple on hall rd we used to play poker in a small at the back till we got shoped moved to brook school later on

hi, what year was that? there were quite a few places to have secret events!

My Grandad Anthony Heaton Staniforth and his twin brother Mick went where there 1952-1957, I know John Colley was in his class as well

i was there from when it first opened all the teachers were new miss linnacre mr barton i left in 1958

Can you remember George Shutt he started about that date

On 03/01/2009 at 16:58, suffolk boy said:

Did anyone attend this school from 1954 to 1959 I would like to catch up with them.

My name is Eric Machen.i was there from 55 to 61, I think! Now 72 years old and living in Albania for 22 years. Before that, Kenya, India, Australia....guess I was born for travel. I remember Mrs Baronetski ( geography), Mr Stokes ( I went to his retirement party) Mr Cox and the ones you mentioned. I kissed my first girl Lorraine Golland at 1w years old (I love her still to this day) and who can forget Carol Dobson. ( she had a big advantage over other girls her age)......I would love to post photos of that time, but don’t know how! I played football with Barry Mcabe, Ray Hukin.i was  in goal. Mr Cox was manager...

Went to night school about1970

On 08/01/2010 at 15:59, jeffk said:

hello i was at brook secondary school i left in 1957 mr shaw was the headmaster

and my last teacher there was mr hollings

My husband Derek Cartwright did I don't know if you know him