Velocity Village

Anybody else living in Velocity Village? Is your flat like a freezer or is it just mine?

The crapy electric radiators do nothing, they just turn themselves off with a loud 'click' when they get anywhere near hot, then turn back on with a loud 'click' about 20 mins later - very annoying when your trying to sleep!

Other than that the whole experience seems ok, other than being overpriced.

if youre renting- have you spoken to your landlord about this?

if youve bought- have you spoken to the management company?

its a new build, there shouldnt be anything wrong and im fairly certain that the contractor/management company would be responsible for making sure things work properly.

good luck and i hope you get the problem sorted.

x

Hi,

Sorry to hear your problems, we manage a property in that development, it was one of the first ones to be finished, phase one, we haven't had any issues reported to us. I could be in a different part of the development to ours though. I do have the contact details for some people who may be able to help? if you need these please don't hesitate to PM me.

Good luck!

:thumbsup:

Think it must just be you.....the appartments that face out towards town must be bloomin boiling as there are always people walking about naked/semi naked. Don't think they realise that those big things on the walls are 'windows' and everyone in the office block opposite can see them. Happy dayzzzzz :-)

AAA Ultimate Plumbing & Heating

http://www.aaaultimateplumbing.co.uk

01142692464 or 07990821857

We have had to upgrade quite a few apartments Electric Rads recently all the same throughout the building even in the walkways

i live in city point, my flat is quite warm but the building management ppl are bloody useless, the plumbing on my floor was all done incorrectly so within 4 weeks of moving in my bedroom and ensuite stank of sewage. After 8 sets of plumbers taking over my flat for 4 weeks, ripping out the pipes to the toilet and removing tiles that they have still not been replaced properly they finally fixed the problem. i wouldnt recommend living int city point but dnt know what the other velocity buildings are like - i will be moving out as soon as my tenancy is up in feb!

v1 in city point has been woeful from day one, bathroom smelling of waste, fountains of water in the hallways, lightbulbs going and not being replaced (as per contract)... can't wait to move out...

We are having the same problems with V1 because the ensuite f*cking stinks. In fact the attitude of velocity stinks just as bad. We rent through Blundells and they say they cant do anything because the property is less than a year old so velocity need to do the work. It seems that they need to do it anyway because its a BUILDING issue not a rental issue!!!

in relation to the heat issue yes its cold but i think its because theres a lot of glass. Unlikely to ever be a "hot" block of flats.

ps moog... if i was you id turn off your heaters at night and invest in a good duvet. Youre just pouring money into the hands of money grabbing Npower!!!!! Down with the utilities companies!!!

i live in city point, my flat is quite warm but the building management ppl are bloody useless, the plumbing on my floor was all done incorrectly so within 4 weeks of moving in my bedroom and ensuite stank of sewage. After 8 sets of plumbers taking over my flat for 4 weeks, ripping out the pipes to the toilet and removing tiles that they have still not been replaced properly they finally fixed the problem. i wouldnt recommend living int city point but dnt know what the other velocity buildings are like - i will be moving out as soon as my tenancy is up in feb!

This 4 weeks of plumbers doesn't fill me with much confidence!

Not only does it have plumbing problems it also has a MAJOR damp/mould problem, after many broken promises from velocity village we are finally moving out! do not listen to the people who work here they will say anything to get you to sign up but will deliver nothing. It is still essentially a building site and having watched the builders here day after day making an art form out of looking busy whilst actually doing nothing I can't see this changing any time soon. They have also just sold the car park to an outside company charging £145 a month per car to park, which takes the cost of living here in a one bedroom apartment to about £800pcm including council tax but excluding all gas electric and water bills. Having spoken to a few other people living here too I am not alone in having this opinion (and from my observation over the past year there is a high turnover of residents, suggesting people don't hang around too long), we are moving out and counting down the days!!!! Anyone else had a similar experience?!

The problem with new builds are they lack THERMAL MASS and therefore any heat that is generated is quickly sapped away despite outstanding levels of insulation etc. You may wonder what is thermal mass. Basically, imagine heating a rock - the heat takes ages to escape the rock. Now heat some tin foil - the heat disappates quickly. New builds are usually built with stud/track plaster partioning walls, big windows etc - i.e. very little brick work etc.

Add to this the building won't be fully lived in yet, so you can't share heat and you therefore have multiple 'external' walls, and you're in a cold flat!

Kate26 - you've seriously been getting ripped off. You can get a huge penthouse in Kelham Island for £800pcm, inc furnishing and parking.