Bar Ha Ha, no laughing matter

Only eaten there twice and both times found it well overpriced for what wasn't very nice food :/

Originally posted by nick2

I was realy looking foreward to the burger thinking it would be big, thick and bloody after reading all the bumf on the menu about how they use a big jar lid to size it, what actually turned-up was like a large meatball, and burnt.

It went back to be replaced by another identically sized burger that was slightly less burnt. I asked why I couldn't have it "rare" and the waitress (who was very nice) said they came "pre-done", which is odd when they claim to make them in-house.

Anyway, won't be going back.

I've eaten at Ha Ha too Nick and was equally unimpressed. There really is no excuse for any piece of meat to come "pre-done". Surely the company can afford to employ people who are able to cook a piece of meat to one's taste? Additionally limp salad screams one thing... heat lamps! When I ate at Ha Ha it was only at lunchtime and I ordered what they claimed was a smoked salmon omelette. Smoked? Try more like poached! And don't even get me started on their espresso....

NB: Their Bombay G&Ts are to die for however!

Maybe it's called Ha! Ha! for a good reason.

They're having a laugh at our expense?

I've eaten a couple of times there, daytime and although the food was okay, you didn't get much and it was expensive. The words, off and rip, not necessarily in that order come to mind.

Guest unners

I went in for a meal last July and have not been back since for food due to having to wait 1 HOUR for the food to be brought to the table.

This is not the first time this has happened either.I do still go there for a drink as i like the leather seats at the bottom end as its good for a relaxing evening drink(if not having food).

Just one look at the price list has put me off eating at the Ha Ha Bar. It's something like 7 quid or more for a burger and chips! Sounds like rip-off prices to me. However, after reading these comments and observations, not sure I'll give them my patronage even after winning the lottery tonight!

Well, i think we all know to voice our opinion with our feet now, and not go back! When i went it was the typical rubbish that everyone else seems to have had!!!

last time 9and the last time) I ate in there I paid about £5 for egg and chips. Eggs must have been cooked under a match for about 2 seconds and were clearly undercooked even for insanely runny, chips were awful too. Another mate ordered a salad and it took them 3 attempts (and 40 minutes) to get the right one.

This was on a Saturday afternoon.

NEVER EAT THERE

First time I sat down and after 10 minutes of being ignored by staff I left. Thought I'd give them another chance. Bottle of beer warm as a cup of tea, 3 falafels for £4.50 looking a bit lost on the plate (no pitta, no salad unless that covers 4 rocket leaves a s). Never been since.

I find this rather odd. I've eaten at HaHa many many times and have never had a bad meal.

I've eaten there before and didn't find the food to be undercooked, merely overpriced and unsatisfying.

Spoke to some mates about this at the weekend, it was 50/50, some had had a good meal some had had a crap one. A couple of people had the same beefburger experience as me, a small burnt meatball, when they were expecting a huge juicy burger and cold chiups seemed to be fairly common.

I think they should decide if they are a bar or a restaurant and organise the place accordingly.

Eaten there twice. It was really bad the first time, the service was ok, but the food was tasteless. Several months later, having forgotten how good/bad it was I decided to give it another try and was equally disappointed. The service/staff seem fine, it's just (!) the food. By the way, the first time was 2ish and the second time probably 5/6ish.