Bar Ha Ha, no laughing matter

Originally posted by The_Sharp

[b

I'd rather see a statue of Hitler in the centre of town than Ha! Ha! [/b]

There's the mural of Arthur Scargill down Snig Hill. Won't that suffice?

I'd rather see a statue of Hitler in the centre of town than Ha! Ha!

Perhaps we could petition the council?

What about the Hitler Bar?

A classy little establishment providing a warm, second world war ambience. The bar could offer a selection of cleverly named cocktails, and the staff could all wear jack boots??

Originally posted by mikey

Could have been worse, you could have followed through whilst on the job!

Too true, although she did seem quite dirty and may have been up for a little felacio!!

What about the Hitler Bar?

A classy little establishment providing a warm, second world war ambience. The bar could offer a selection of cleverly named cocktails, and the staff could all wear jack boots??

How about a theme night, intead of a foam party they could have a shower party. But instead of water they could fool everyone and blow out smoke?

I visited Ha Ha on Saturday for a late lunch / early tea (under duress) and wasn't expecting much recalling (and carrying on about) this thread.

I was very pleasantly surprised. We went to the upstairs eating part and were quickly given menus and drink orders taken (they had Kelham Island Easy Rider - too cold, but good to see in a City Centre 'bar').

To eat I had tiger prawns on cibatta with chilli and garlic - plenty of prawns, nice and fresh, too much chilli for my liking - followed by a stuffed chicken breast wrapped in ham with baby potatoes (delicious). The prices were only a quid or two more than Wetherspoons but the food was much fresher and nicely presented and so I felt much better value. Kristian and Loxley_Lady enjoyed their meals as well (fish fingers and a huuuge breakfast).

An extra gin appeared on the bill that we (surprisingly enough) hadn't ordered but when we pointed it out they immediately went and removed it and brought us a new one.

Maybe things have improved? I will definitely be going back! :)

An extra gin appeared on the bill that we (surprisingly enough) hadn't ordered but when we pointed it out they immediately went and removed it and brought us a new one.

I'm sure that was an easy mistake for them to make. After all, they're probably used to serving their gin in a small glass with a mixer, not by the pint :hihi:

HI I work in town and go to Ha Ha Bar for lunch occasionaly, but over the last few months the food has really gone down hill. I have asked for food to be returned and the dishes have not been very clean. Decided last time I went that I wouldn't go back again. Very sad cos it is a nice atmosphere. Noticed a high turnover of staff as well.:(

Last few times ive been the food has been terrible, they need to sort it out

Went to Bar Ha Ha last night for a meal (not my idea), and TBH the food was horrible (cold chips, cold peas, burnt minute burger, limp dead salad), did I just catch them on an off-night or is it always that bad ?

o dear!! when i went the other xmas with work they decided to pour syrup all down teh back on my new white armani t-shirt!! i wasn't amused as you can imagine.. BUT they didn't get al the stain out so i got £120.00 refunded and my t-shirt back.. which i got clean myslef with some special spray so i had my shirt and £120.00 in my back pocket... and they didn't laugh either hehe