Bar Ha Ha, no laughing matter

Went to Bar Ha Ha last night for a meal (not my idea), and TBH the food was horrible (cold chips, cold peas, burnt minute burger, limp dead salad), did I just catch them on an off-night or is it always that bad ?

The food is over priced and rubbish all the time. Last time I ate (and it will be the last time) I just made it home before my body decided it really really did not want that inside of me! The wine is OK but I have eaten there three times and its been afwful every time. NO it was not my idea, I would not have gone back after the first time!

I've found the food at lunchtime is generally much better than the food in the evening. They do the snacky type things very well, but the main meals are not great, and I had a similar experience to you nick, the food was cold and the service was slow.

I was realy looking foreward to the burger thinking it would be big, thick and bloody after reading all the bumf on the menu about how they use a big jar lid to size it, what actually turned-up was like a large meatball, and burnt.

It went back to be replaced by another identically sized burger that was slightly less burnt. I asked why I couldn't have it "rare" and the waitress (who was very nice) said they came "pre-done", which is odd when they claim to make them in-house.

Anyway, won't be going back.

My friend is GM of HaHa! in Ealing. So of what I know of the compnay they'd listen to your complaint - did you mention your disappointment to staff/manager? Everything is bought in fresh and cooked on premises to order - well it is in Ealing!

I eat in Sheffield bar often and have always found it great - and before anyone asks - EVEN before my friend started working for the company!!!!!

I did complain and they just replaced it with equally crap food. The time before the salad that came with the burger was a single piece of onion!!!

They just don't care and I would rather just not go back.

:)

We had some of their lovely cold french fries the other day.

Just a thought - with all these new restaurants and bars that have opened in Sheffield over the past few years, you have to wonder if there are enough chefs and waiters/waitresses with the necessary catering and customer care skills to fill all the new jobs.

I've eaten there a couple of times and found it to be OK.

That was at lunctime and evening - typically around 1300hrs and 1830hrs.

No real complaints, food and service met expectations.

No connection to the bar or staff!

Joe

Is this bar the one on the corner of St pauls parade and the peace gardens. If is I've been once and it was dreadful.

Ive been once with work for dinner. Food was ok, but VERY overpriced :o Ridiculous ! I'd avoid going just because of the non-value for money

I went not longer after it first opened. The food was nice, but was rather expensive and the portions were a tad small.

Haven't been back for food since, simply as there are other bars & pubs that do food that I prefer.

I don't really ask for too much - simple, home cooked food in good sized portions at a reasonable price, with good ale to wash it down!

I've always had good food from there, and that's coming from a veggy for whom the words "good food" and "eating out" rarely go together. I've only ever eaten when it's quiet though, so maybe that's the key.