Sign in to follow this  

Norton College raided twice in two days!

According to the Star, four hooded raiders were caught on Norton College's CCTV system stealing over £40,000 of brand new computer equipment. They then came back the next night, through an identical route to take goods they had left behind during their first raid. This is quite similar to the two raids on that expensive Menswear shop in West One (see this topic).

It doesn't say much for the police or college security, but it does say a lot about the lack of respect that these two (or maybe one ;)) group of thieves have for the law. Anyone here at Norton College, or just about to start?

It raises the morality question, doesn't it? If you were offered some cheap computer equipment and found that it was marked with someone's post code or name would you still buy it?

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Hell No.....! Police matter first me thinks!

Did you check out that HDD thoroughly, DB?

Noooooooooooo!

that £40,000 of PC equiptment was to replace the ageing machines in the labs i use upstairs :cry: :cry:

they were technically *my* computers :x this will probably effect my learning as a computer student :(

i hope they catch the sub-human scum who carried out this crime!

I suppose while there raiding places like that there leaving peoples houses alone.

Not the answer , i know but its a point.

How did this group of thieves know about the equipment?

Hmmm... :evil:

if its anything like the other college sites - they probably left the empty boxes in the skip outside the building....

Anyone want to buy a cheap G4 Mac going cheap?

- that was a joke before anyone panics....

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Hell No.....! Police matter first me thinks!

Hell yes we would buy it :roll:

It pains me to say it, but why not take a leaf out of Saudi Arabias

book and chop off the hands of all thieves. There would be an outcry from the do - gooders, but you must admit that it would be effective and a wonderfull deterrent. These scum would then think twice about stealing someone else's property and make any other potential criminals toe the line, as all other decent citizens have to do.

Originally posted by RPG

Noooooooooooo!

that £40,000 of PC equiptment was to replace the ageing machines in the labs i use upstairs :cry: :cry:

they were technically *my* computers :x this will probably effect my learning as a computer student :(

i hope they catch the sub-human scum who carried out this crime!

Nevermind. Back to the P1's hey? ;)

Originally posted by halevan

It pains me to say it, but why not take a leaf out of Saudi Arabias

book and chop off the hands of all thieves. There would be an outcry from the do - gooders, but you must admit that it would be effective and a wonderfull deterrent. These scum would then think twice about stealing someone else's property and make any other potential criminals toe the line, as all other decent citizens have to do.

Prepare yourself for a very long stint in opposition. ;)