Admiral Rodney, Loxley

We went to Admiral Rodney last night, i would just like to say although staff where struggling (due to other staff being off ill).

The food and service was great..... well done

We went for a meal (family of 10) last saturday, 27th Dec at 7.00 - quiet, with reduced staff. The on-duty staff were attentive, the food was excellent, priced ok, and good bar service. We'll go there again - nowt pretentious - I'm glad we have some really good food-serving pubs in Loxley Valley/S6, where we can shoot off to without booking.

We went on Christmas Eve (6 of us) and it was brilliant, good service and excellent food and reasonably priced too. Had the mussels that was as a main but they let us have it for a starter for 2 of us. Steak was v/good too.

went for a meal there last week, it was like siberia, we all sat eating with our coats on, everyone left when they finished eating, not good!

It's alright but just another chain pub pretending to be gastro. I don't like the fact that there always seems to be some screaming front page from The Daily Mail pinned over the gents urinal. Mind you, it's the best place for it, almost anyway, just a few feet lower...

Just had the worst food ever at Admiral Rodney...chicken skewers which were as tough as old boots - we complained and got a replacement which was exactly the same - no apology just told the chicken was delivered like that and the chef just told exactly how to cook it....not impressed at the customer service or the fact a monkey could cook better....

i think they need to sell home made chips instead of frozen ones cos they would be yum :D