EA's disclosing previous offers on a property

pay the person selling what they want for it and move in then ............... no brainer really.

If you want to throw away 20 grand, yes, a no brainer.

I'm selling a half eaten bag of pistachio nuts saxondale, £100 alright?

If you want to throw away 20 grand, yes, a no brainer.

I'm selling a half eaten bag of pistachio nuts saxondale, £100 alright?

wasnt it simple enough for you to understand?

pay the person selling what they want for it and move in then ............... no brainer really.

Believe me, we would have no problem giving the sellers what they want for their house if we could guarantee 100% that we would get what we want for ours, but it's not gonna happen. No one is getting their asking price at the moment, unless they're exceptionally lucky.

Believe me, we would have no problem giving the sellers what they want for their house if we could guarantee 100% that we would get what we want for ours, but it's not gonna happen. No one is getting their asking price at the moment, unless they're exceptionally lucky.

ahh you can`t afford the house so its the markets fault - that old chestnut.

I told the valuer the situation with the other house. I told her how much it was on the market for - £180,000 two years ago, now reduced to £175,000. She worked it out percentage wise that going on the current market it should now be worth around £153,000!

If you had read (if you can!), the previous posts saxondale you would have seen the above. Why should I be willing to pay more than the current market value?

Doesn't the fact that it has been on the market for two years tell you anything?

Obviously not!!!

He's just upset that no one will buy his house, don't take it personally Deebles.

He's convinced himself that a house is worth whatever price someone asks for it, not the price that people are prepared to pay.

Cyclone knows I`m not saying that in the context that he makes out - its a wife beater question.

O/P* .............. your priceless, if you want the house buy it, if you can`t afford it then haggle, if you loose it then can go on the net and moan about it, but (and this is what I say and Cyclone misrepresents whenever he can) ......... No one is going to sell you their house at a price they dont want to accept.

*we didnt use too many big words for you, did we?

You're wrong (as usual).

Most things are sold a price people don't really want to sell at, or at least they'd much rather be selling for a higher price.

Negotiation generally leaves both buyer and seller accepting a price, but both wishing it were different (in their favour).

So make the bid at 153, if it gets turned down then offer a little more. That's how negotiations work.

In saxondales preferred reality it would work more like, they ask 180k, you walk up and agree to pay it (despite the valuation being 170 now and 165 predicted next month). That's just wishful thinking on the half of someone wanting to sell though.

You're wrong (as usual).

Most things are sold a price people don't really want to sell at, or at least they'd much rather be selling for a higher price.

Negotiation generally leaves both buyer and seller accepting a price, but both wishing it were different (in their favour).

So make the bid at 153, if it gets turned down then offer a little more. That's how negotiations work.

In saxondales preferred reality it would work more like, they ask 180k, you walk up and agree to pay it (despite the valuation being 170 now and 165 predicted next month). That's just wishful thinking on the half of someone wanting to sell though.

as opposed to trawling the net looking for arguments to join huh?

if you want something then buy it - it really is THAT simple.

He's just upset that no one will buy his house, don't take it personally Deebles.

He's convinced himself that a house is worth whatever price someone asks for it, not the price that people are prepared to pay.

He doesn't bother me Cylone, I just find his comments embarrassing for himself really. I feel sorry for the bloke, he obviously has a chip on his shoulder.

as opposed to trawling the net looking for arguments to join huh?

I think you'll find that I'd posted on this thread before you, so who goes around looking for the argument?

if you want something then buy it - it really is THAT simple.

Yes it is, buy it at the price the market will accept, basic economics and common sense.

I do think he may be right though.

You appear to have found a house you want but dont want to stump up for it.

I have found a lovely house in Ranmoor. I dont have the money to buy it. Maybe i should offer 30% of the asking price! you never know.