Strictly Come Dancing 2009

Chub? Rav is pure toned meat! (drool!)

I was so exicted he was saved, and thought he did mprove vastly on the dance off.

Me too, glad he was saved I mean, I need eyecandy!! But he does look a little bit chubby and self-conscious on that pic, and what's with the glamour girl pose???

I think he can improve, he had emotion in both his dances I thought and with a more experienced partner, he'd have been even better. I honestly don't think Joe has any natural ability in dance, but hey, what do I know. I'm more an Alesha than Arlene.

Me too, glad he was saved I mean, I need eyecandy!! But he does look a little bit chubby and self-conscious on that pic, and what's with the glamour girl pose???

I think he can improve, he had emotion in both his dances I thought and with a more experienced partner, he'd have been even better. I honestly don't think Joe has any natural ability in dance, but hey, what do I know. I'm more an Alesha than Arlene.

We all need eye candy dont we ruby ? Not struck of those waxed chests though!:rolleyes:

It was sad to see Martina Hingis go so early, as I'm sure being such a talented tennis player she would have been able to improve on her dancing.

I know Martina didn't show too much outward dissappointment, though I suspect that privately she is gutted at being the first to go, given her great sporting legacy and obvious competative styrek, and that she was beaten by far worse dancers in the competition.

Joe Calzahghe as great a fighter that he is, is plainly the new John Sargent of the competition, and as a result will probably enjoy a pretty good run.

Tess Daley said on last night's show that boxing was the furthest removed from dancing than anything else(Or words to that effect) and that put Joe at a distinct disadvantage than the rest.

I don't actually agree, Tess Daley has obviously not seen the Ali shuffle or other great boxers like Thommy Hearns that danced around their opponents in the ring.;)

Edited by Kingmaker2

It was sad to see Martina Hingis go so early, as I'm sure being such a talented tennis player she would have been able to improve on her dancing.

I know Martina didn't show any outward dissappointment though I suspect that privately she is gutted at being the first to go given, her great sporting legacy and that she was beaten by far worse dancers in the competition.

Joe Calzahghe as great a fighter that he is, is plainly the new John Sargent of the competition and as a result will probably enjoy a pretty good run.

Tess Daley said on last night show that boxing was the furthest removed from dancing and that put Joe at a distinct disadvantage than the rest.

I don't actually agree, Tess Daley has obviously not seen the Ali shuffle or other great boxers like Thommy Hearns that danced around their opponents in the ring.;)

I agree with everything you say here. I would have thought that Joe would have soon picked dancing steps up, as boxers skip a lot.

I agree with everything you say here. I would have thought that Joe would have soon picked dancing steps up, as boxers skip a lot.

Yep that's true.

All good boxers know the importance of good footwork in the ring.

Yep that's true.

All good boxers know the importance of good footwork in the ring.

He bends forward too much though (as boxers do) so he may improve week by week.

He bends forward too much though (as boxers do) so he may improve week by week.

I think Pat, we are unlikely to see too much improvement, he's just too akward and stiff to be a good dancer.

When the judges points were announced Joe's facial expressions showed that he was seriously annoyed and really wasn't enjoying the experience of coming bottom, it also indicated that Joe was taking the whole competiton really seriously as opposed to a bit of fun.

I feel that Joe will try his hardest in his next dances, but in a way that could well compound his problems as he won't allow himself to be more relaxed.

That's how I see it anyway.

Edited by Kingmaker2

I think Pat we are unlikely to see too much improvement, he's just too akward and stiff to be a good dancer.

When the points were announced Joe's facial expressions showed that he was seriously annoyed and really wasn't enjoying the experience of coming bottom.

I feel that Joe will try his hardest in his next dances, but in a way that could well compound his problems as he won't allow himself to be more relaxed.

That'show I see it anyway.

I agree, his ego has taken a battering.

Hasn't there been a huge uproar about Alesha the new judge. I took the time to read some of the reports and was amazed to see in one of them a BBC spokes person was pleased with the reception she'd received. They must be reading a forum that I haven't come across as the overwhelming majority of the posts I've read have been negative.

Also one of the new professionals I think did a stint with Dancing with the stars, the American show. That show was rather more interested in the performance and making the celeb look good and so I hope they realise that the UK show does want to see technical expertise.

i throught rav should have been in the bottom 2. I love me who you do you love?:rolleyes:

i think joe might be the next to leave, i've seen blocks of wood less stiff :o

forget the celebs.just have the pro.dancers on each week with a couple of singers a comedy act and it would make better show.by the way was it jist me or did kathryn jenkins sound terrible?