Strictly Come Dancing 2009

Can we start a campaign to rid this show of Brucie and his side kick Tessa, please. Any ideas as to their possible replacements - PS just heard a rumour that Jonny Vegas is a possible contestant :D

Let Anton du Bek host it. He's more or less the new Bruce anyway. And he always gets paired with someone rubbish- always- so it's not as it we'll lose a potential title threat if he stops dancing.

You would think sooner or later Brucie will have to retire.

But I've no idea who could replace him.

If they keep Tess on they might go for Vernon Kay, as they seem to do a lot of shows together.

If they keep Tess on they might go for Vernon Kay, as they seem to do a lot of shows together.

I think they do a lot more than present shows together; they're expecting their second child in June I believe. :hihi:

I can't imagine Tess doing another series, shes just come out as pregnant so when the next series starts she will either have had it and be wanting to spend time with the baby, or be far too big and uncomfortable to do another series.

She still looks cute in a frock though.. Don't tell Vernon! ;)

Let Anton du Bek host it. He's more or less the new Bruce anyway. And he always gets paired with someone rubbish- always- so it's not as it we'll lose a potential title threat if he stops dancing.

I agree Anton would make a very good replacement for Bruce Forsyth,he has a very pleasant personality and he knows what he is talking about with regards Ballroom dancing

Anton is definitely King of the Ballroom, and has certainly started doing more presenting and guesting. Wonder if he's practising ;) It'd be a shame if the BBC brought Graham Norton or some other "overpaid with no show" celeb to host.

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Simon Cowell wants to be a Judge on SCD... No, just, no! :gag::rant:

It's bad enough he slags people off on X Factor, and what does a bloke like him know about dancing?!

Whilst on holiday in Spain i saw some of the street entertainers performing tango exhibitions. WOW! What a show. These guys knew how the tango should be done. Even I was enthralled and I am no dancer nor do I have any interest in it but these people were GOOD. All the pay they earned was from passing the hat round, and even the local Spanish were throwing money in.