Which is the worst accent in Britain?

Without a doubt - Estuary English. :gag:

"I fink there's nuffink wrong wiv me axsent. Why's you arksin, innit?"

And so on until we all vomit...:gag:

Actually, I've changed my mind from Brum to agree with this! :thumbsup:

I do however think that people who speak like that are just plain stupid/simple/thick.

Which is the worst accent in Britain?... or even the UK for that matter.

I have just finished a phone conversation with someone from Bolton. Oh dear, it was pretty bad, but not as bad as the accent in Dudley.

Still you must have an accent that makes you cringe. Which is it?

Leave Fred Dibnah and Sue Lawley (Dudley's favourite daughter) alone.

Allardyce managed at Bolton, comes from Dudley - not too bad?

Black Country accent, as spoken by that bloke out of Slade, Noddy Holder, sounds like a cross between Geordie and a crap London accent.

I also despise the East London dialiect as spoken by anyone who's ever been in Eastenders or The Bill, but that mostly comes from a deep running prejudice against anyone from South of the M1, cos I used to get loads of abuse in my College days from North Londoners for being from anywhere North of Essex! :loopy:

I'm sorry but the London accent in general just sounds dead common IMO.

in Britain...hmm, I can't stand a Liverpool accent, but this is closely followed by those from Glasgow...if I can understand them.

Brummie accent is just god awful, but a cockney accent annoys me the most.

in Britain...hmm, I can't stand a Liverpool accent, but this is closely followed by those from Glasgow...if I can understand them.

i was wondering how long it would take for Glasgow to be mentioned:rolleyes::hihi::hihi:

I like all accents I find them quite interesting. People dont listen properly thats why they cant understand!

i was wondering how long it would take for Glasgow to be mentioned:rolleyes::hihi::hihi:

Thank goodness you are typing!!

If there's one accent I definitely CANNOT abide it's Indian! :rant:

Getting call centres OUT of India and back to the UK is the ONE and ONLY issue I agree with the BNP on, although it baffles me that the call centre for YORKSHIRE BANK is based in Scotland! Eh?! I thought it would have been in Leeds! :loopy:

Getting call centres OUT of India and back to the UK is the ONE and ONLY issue I agree with the BNP on, although it baffles me that the call centre for YORKSHIRE BANK is based in Scotland! Eh?! I thought it would have been in Leeds! :loopy:

i wanted some info from my bank ,so went in and was told i had to go through their call centre -in india. i live one mile from my bank but had to phone someone thousands of miles away . :loopy::loopy:

It's not as bad as the sheffield one though. Ugh!:gag: