Holmfirth - New Years Eve

Hi,

Probably spending NYE this year in Holmfirth.

Does anyone know if there is a place in the town where everyone goes to see in the new year, such as a market square or similar??

Thanks

DOES THAT CHIPPY ON THE BANK GOING OUT OF THE VILLAGE (ON LEFT) STILL EXCIST, THAT WAS A FAV STOP OF MINE YEARS AGO.

oops, sorry about caps, not got my classes on

Yes that chippy is still open. i used to live there a few years ago but dunno if they congregate anywhere for new year arrival.

If you do go hope you have a good time.

I'm from Holmfirth. Most people tend to stay near home and congregate outside the local pub at midnight, singing drunken renditions of Auld Lang Syne with all the southerners who've moved there.

In the town centre, my guess would be in the square opposite the bus station, or near the Elephant & Castle on Hollowgate.

I used to live in Holmfirth. The pubs in Upperthong or Hepwoth villages are good locals, or as Adri says above go down on Hollowgate at midnight. There are a few pubs / restaurants in a cluster (one was called Carniceria and the other Les Caveux - if they're still there that is?) Also, there used to be a lock in called the Cellar Bar - which you got to round the back of the cinema and had to knock to get in.....had many a late night in there - but can't remember much about it!