Where can i get a nice curry from ?

New India Garden on Chesterfield Road ftw! It's always fantastic. (not to be confused with the takeaway of the same name at the bottom of Scarsdale Road)

New India Garden on Chesterfield Road ftw! It's always fantastic. (not to be confused with the takeaway of the same name at the bottom of Scarsdale Road)

Agree on that one. :cool:

The Spice Hut

Middlewood Rd

Closed Tuesdays though

Fab Curry!!!!!!!!

Try the curry canteen just off carlisle street neer spital hill it closes at 6 pm and you get rice and 3 curries for £3.50 and it is spot on.if you turn right off spital hill onto carlisle street i think its the third left and its half way up on the right:thumbsup:and they do cauliflower,chick pea,potato and all different veggie ones.

:thumbsup: thanks for the recommendation jrowl...we appreciate it.

I always thought the best curry in or around Sheffield had to be Akbars on the way to Rotherham. Naan breads the size of blankets

The Spice Hut

Middlewood Rd

Closed Tuesdays though

Fab Curry!!!!!!!!

I got a takeaway from there last night. First time in a long while though I had eaten there once a few years ago and remembered it as being fine. It took 1.5 hours to arrive (which seems to be a Sheffield thing in my experience, it's much quicker in Bradford) and a bit rubbish to be honest. The salad things supplied were really dry, the raita was really sweet tasting, my chapattis were burnt and the curry itself just tasted burnt and salty, no other flavour. I'm not sure if I was just unlucky or whether I should continue to hunt for places who'll deliver to my new house (nearish Wisewood School).

I agree- Everest is excellent and they deliver too, but a hidden gem is Momtaz which is 200 yards further up Chesterfield road. Curry to die for - a different and drier curry, nice small and friendly restaurant - also deliver . Both have menus on internet

I agree- Everest is consistently excellent and they deliver too, but a hidden gem is Momtaz which is 200 yards further up Chesterfield road. Curry to die for - a different and drier curry, nice small and friendly restaurant - also deliver . Both have menus on internet