My bin's overflowing.

We were due for a bin collection today. I think they came as my neighbour has put her bin back, but our bin, which wont close, is still there and so are some of my neighbours (which also wont close). I am wondering if this is why they weren't collected.

i dare say some daft rule which says if your lid is not closed they wont touch it .

All the bins on our road are full and overflowing and our collection is on a monday, mum rang council today as ours was last collected monday 22nd, no collection today, and was told the next one for us will be monday 5th. there was a collection today but only for the people who have their normal collection on a thursday. so we ended up stuck in a long queue at the tip... :@ 2weeks over christmas without a collection is crazy though, specially after all the extra rubbish people end up with during this period! they also said that they will only collect 3 refuge sacks at the side of your black bin when they come.

All the bins on our road are full and overflowing and our collection is on a monday, mum rang council today as ours was last collected monday 22nd, no collection today, and was told the next one for us will be monday 5th. there was a collection today but only for the people who have their normal collection on a thursday. so we ended up stuck in a long queue at the tip... :@ 2weeks over christmas without a collection is crazy though, specially after all the extra rubbish people end up with during this period! they also said that they will only collect 3 refuge sacks at the side of your black bin when they come.

its the same in high green ,over flowing bins and black bags everywhere - the rats think its christmas

even the local recycling point next to the park and library looks like a bonfire site with the amount of rubbish. im sure that a few cats will think its christmas too!

The question is, what are the council supposed to do? Buy in extra bin men? Magic them out of nothing?

If you have a finite resource you use it as you can. And if anyone says I should go 3 (yes THREE) weeks without a collection then go run and jump.

even the local recycling point next to the park and library looks like a bonfire site with the amount of rubbish. im sure that a few cats will think its christmas too!

:hihi::hihi::hihi: and who says we dont look after our animals :D

its going to get a lot worse over the next week . the fly tippers will be out in force ..

The question is, what are the council supposed to do? Buy in extra bin men? Magic them out of nothing?

If you have a finite resource you use it as you can. And if anyone says I should go 3 (yes THREE) weeks without a collection then go run and jump.

the point is ,even the tips are out of the question. our neighbour tred toget in high green tip today , but the queue on the road was so long he gave up after the 5th attempt . so what else can people do other than let it pile up on the road side .

Always an excuse for offenders. Typical liberal.

we are having same problem in high green as today was our collection day but we dont get one till ext monday ,so the rats and foxes are having a feast up here. bins are on the roadside andpiles of black bags are mounting up . we have another seven days of this

So are you saying black bags already mount up after the first 7 days! Why after a week and a half in areas like Brincliffe and Ecclesall is this not then the case. More money but less ready meal and takeout packets, ale cans and satelite dishes on the front of houses for that matter..... Thats what!

No, didn't think so.

Help? Andrex man-size are good for wiping away your tears. And you can flush them down the loo so no extra hardship for you there!

Thats a point, I wonder if there is inadequate sewage infastructure in some of these areas and they have to put their poo laden toilet paper in the bin like in greece! :hihi:

I'm not trying to get all snotty but I just don't get it!!

My bin man hung a rather nice info leaflet on my wheely bin handle telling me all about how to re-cycle my christmas waste. What a joke, have you seen how many of these leaflet are littering the streets of Crookes as they all fell off in the wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean got thrown on the floor?