My bin's overflowing.

So when does theirs get emptied?

Next Monday as normal. Yes they have to go 2 weeks but the normal Thursday collections are having to do 2 lots of 10 days between collections

i see the green police are here again

Makes a change from the off road bike police :D......hey Mr Benn

you are a good example of people who look down on the rest of us who choose not to re-cycle and are quite happy to throw all our rubbish in one bin. my wheelie bin is only half full oday,even with all the christmas wrapping paper and cards,as i have burned what i can . so i dont have a problem with an over flowing wheelie bin .

I do not look down on anyone - if you call a differing of an opinion looking down on someone then so be it. :rolleyes:

I think we've found a troll.

Hey my cats just laid an egg. It's brown, in their litter tray and smells bad, but it must be an egg. :)

Just off to get the rabbit to work - it's ploughing the local field. The guinuea pigs are sat on it's back directing.

Or just someone pointing out that not all situations are as black and white as the poster is trying to make out. Never mind - go decorate your bridge, I don't live under one. Hec I'm on your side - I do recycle, my point was the frustration that I feel when the recycling sites I have visited this Christmas are overflowing - literally. Guess the council don't care enough to empty them whilst simultaneously wanting us to recycle.

Next Monday as normal. Yes they have to go 2 weeks but the normal Thursday collections are having to do 2 lots of 10 days between collections

looks like a lot of roads are going to become rat infested rubbish dumps . our area should have ours emptied today so by next monday there are going to be some real problems with rubbish

looks like a lot of roads are going to become rat infested rubbish dumps . our area should have ours emptied today so by next monday there are going to be some real problems with rubbish

They could hardly leave ours for 3 weeks so if you've any better suggestions than skipping one week - seeing as Sheffield is about the only place left in the UK where the bin collection is still weekly as opposed to every 2 weeks as standard!

They could hardly leave ours for 3 weeks so if you've any better suggestions than skipping one week - seeing as Sheffield is about the only place left in the UK where the bin collection is still weekly as opposed to every 2 weeks as standard!

it needs to be weekly collectons - every 2 weekswould turn the city into one big rubbish dump. the fortnightly collection is the most stupid idea ever . next we will have council officals coming round this week telling us our rubbish is attracting rats and is a health hazard. bins are piled high on our road, and there is a mountain of black bags as well.

My bin sometimes goes 3 weeks without collection if I forget to take it out before 07:05 and it doesn't attract rats. Can't see the problem with fortnightly collections for me. But with a lot of people generating additional rubbish over Xmas, I can see why extended gaps between collections can cause problems for those that choose to create a lot of waste.

My bin sometimes goes 3 weeks without collection if I forget to take it out before 07:05 and it doesn't attract rats. Can't see the problem with fortnightly collections for me. But with a lot of people generating additional rubbish over Xmas, I can see why extended gaps between collections can cause problems for those that choose to create a lot of waste.

the problem with fortnightly collections is 1 wheelie bin isno where near big enough for 2 weeks rubbish. and please dont start banging onabout re-cycling ,a lot of people dont wish to do this and never wil. the rats are attracted by all the black bags on the floor next to the whelie bins, many more of which will be added over the next week .

the problem with fortnightly collections is 1 wheelie bin isno where near big enough for 2 weeks rubbish.
Kinda depends on how much rubbish people choose to make though. My standard size bin for a household of 3 will easily stretch 3 weeks.

Kinda depends on how much rubbish people choose to make though. My standard size bin for a household of 3 will easily stretch 3 weeks.

dont know how you manage that . i burn all paper,platics andcardboard but the wheelie bin is ready for emptying

i suppose all my empty beer cans dont help:D