Does any one remember the coach house - wicker

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

Yes the Peacock was one of the first Chinese restaurants in Sheffield, the first was the Rickshaw (Devonshire Street) followed by Zing Vaa (the Moor), then one at Hillsborough corner and another at Highfields (London Road), last two names I forget.

The one next door to Highfield library was the Golden Tiger. It's still a Chinese but has a different name now.

I know of those mentioned but I also remember the Golden Dragon on the Moor or just off it, in the 60s.It was close to Furnival Gate or maybe on it.

First Chinese Restaurants in Sheffield thread...

On 17/09/2019 at 18:42, Ontarian1981 said:

I know of those mentioned but I also remember the Golden Dragon on the Moor or just off it, in the 60s.It was close to Furnival Gate or maybe on it.

It was actually on Matilda Street. 

Haven't been on the Forum for a very long time and whilst searching for a restaurant review, I found this. 

I loved The Coach House.  We used to go every Christmas Day for dinner for years and it was brilliant.  The food and the service was second to none.  There aren't any restaurants like this anymore which is a shame.  I do miss a good desert trolley!

19 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

It was actually on Matilda Street. 

Close enough Lol

19 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Edited by Ontarian1981