Does any one remember the coach house - wicker

Times change but the venus in Dinnington is very much the same place so go try it.

I used to order A bottle of Blue Nun in the Coach house I was so upper class in those days now its Aldie Gin while stroking the dog.

Worked on the Coach House when it it was converted from a bank into a restaurant 1980.

You would know my Dad then.

You would know my Dad then.

Was your dad Jim from chimney piece on South Road at Walkley.

It was went way back

It was a restaurant before the Coach House , it was the Peacock chinease restaurant that opened in the 60s , but the question on the original post was " does anyone remember the Coach House " and that opened in 1980 :thumbsup:

Was the first place my now partner of 20 odd years took me for a meal in the 90s, food was lush

can any one remember the old coach house steak resturant in the wicker???? late 80's was the place to eat used to book at least a month in advance to be sure of a table, then the disco upstairs - what was that called ????? always use to finish with spandau ballet true wow only small up stairs but a good crack

had my hen nite in there ,lovely steak then went upstairs to dancing .loved it

Here is a little history of our family with pictures

---------- Post added 24-10-2018 at 17:14 ----------

coming soon

---------- Post added 24-10-2018 at 17:15 ----------

please wait

---------- Post added 24-10-2018 at 17:16 ----------

coming soon

Worked on the Coach House when it it was converted from a bank into a restaurant 1980.

Don't recall the Coach House (or Peacock) ever becoming a bank. There was however, a bank on that row between Stanley Street and Wicker Lane, the one with the big shiny stainless steel front door. Might that be the same place ?

Remember going there for Christmas lunch parties in the 80's when I worked for the then "Midland Bank". We had some fantastic times there. If I remember rightly the Christmas lunches started at 12.00 and were always finished by 4.00pm. Just in time for us to stagger back to work to tidy our desks and go home (and switch off the electric typeswriters - no computers in those days for us!!) :hihi::hihi:

Also Venus Steak House - used to go there regularly on Friday evenings with friends - fantastic steaks.

1964 to 1970 Molly Mullvaney worked at market place mum and dad had a pub

I remember the coach house. My brother in law made the "coach" which was over the door when it was changed from the peacock. He was only a lad at the time.

Don't recall the Coach House (or Peacock) ever becoming a bank. There was however, a bank on that row between Stanley Street and Wicker Lane, the one with the big shiny stainless steel front door. Might that be the same place ?

it did'nt become a bank , it was converted from a bank into a restaurant

---------- Post added 25-10-2018 at 16:34 ----------

1964 to 1970 Molly Mullvaney worked at market place mum and dad had a pub

If I remeber rightly they had the Ellesmere pub then moved to one in Beighton I think