Does any one remember the coach house - wicker

ooooo i used to love the coach house me and my hubby had just started going together way back then we went a lot

i once went in though and got my purse stolen and we had eaten the bloody meal i was sooo embarassed in them days cash machines was few and far between id got visions of me wasing the pots lol

but they let me pay the next day bless em lovley placex

remember having our works do there,christmas 1990,it wasnt as good as in the 80,s,it was looking rather shabby,however,couldn,t fault the food.

i remember bodie who worked there,we used to drink together in the big gun,when ever i called in for a meal i would have a steak,when i moved my chips there would be another one hidden underneath them,:hihi: it was a great place and great food..

Got engaged in there in 1988! Tried to keep it quiet but the waiters must have seen my OH presenting the ring (how romantic!) and promptly appeared with a free bottle of wine!

I think the disco up stairs was called valentines anyhow the last song always was true - spandau ballet. The DJ at the time was the boyfriend of one the women in my group think she was called diane - mainly everyone in the group worked at firth rixons late 80's

Went a few times during its heyday, hen nights, birthdays, Valentines etc. It was always a good night with good food and fab disco.

Once went for a meal with about 12 peeps there (always good stuff) in the very early '80s. The days of 'Miami Vice' rolled up sleeves and canvas shoes. Ordered a meal which invlved a kebab of some description. The waitress spilled my drink, then stood on my foot. Later she came to collect the plates, dropping the skewer which, (I can't use the term embedded, really), landed in the same foot. I hobbled upstairs expecting compensation in the shape of a 'close' dance, but she refused. A sort of staff and customer thing (I like to console myself with)

I seem to recall a fire at the Coach House, which may have closed it. Does anyone else?

remember having our works do there,christmas 1990,it wasnt as good as in the 80,s,it was looking rather shabby,however,couldn,t fault the food.

I have very fond memories of this place, Christmas parties with the Yorkshire Water Authority, late 70's early 80's, disco fun - food always brilliant. I remember visiting there in January with the ladies from work and the waiter spoon fed us each a fresh strawberry, a treat in those days I can assure you - they dont do restaurants like that any more, perhaps Carlsberg do.

That's a surprise, I thought it was already a restaurant well before 1980.

It was went way back

remember my mum and dad taking me when i was younger, early 80s as they split in 1984.. dont remember the food but it must have been good as we went alot!!

also, didnt the owners used to have another place on pinstone street, where the britannia building society is now? - it was downstairs, was really young so i could have imagined it!!