Royle Family Christmas Special

I've just watched it, anyone else see it?

I believe this was the funniest [or /cringeworthy] thing this Christmas or even this year on TV.

Brilliantly written and acted. :thumbsup:

I've just watched it, anyone else see it?

I believe this was the funniest [or /cringeworthy] thing this Christmas or even this year on TV.

Brilliantly written and acted. :thumbsup:

I thought it was a bit crap! It bored my arse off when they were messing around on the recliner lol I liked the end bit when he had the ****s lol n the banana in the punch :hihi:

I thought it was a bit crap! It bored my arse off when they were messing around on the recliner lol I liked the end bit when he had the ****s lol n the banana in the punch :hihi:

Really?!

I thought it was the best RF so far. :):hihi:

I've not only gone out with someone whose family were like them, but also have friends that have lives that they [denise and dave] seem to aspire to be like :gag:. The directors pushed 'cringing' to it's limit with this episode. I haven't laughed so much in ages.

I've grown weary of this over the years, but I enjoyed this one. The new characters and new setting did freshen it up.

I'll give it a 7/10.

The funniest thing on this Christmas

I thought it was really funny,, one of there best, nice to see new characters

I thought the turkey in the bath was a bit lame - like, silly and unbelievable, even for them. I wasn't overly impressed. But then, I miss Liz Smith/Nana.

I thought it was good, but I didn't think Dave's dad was anything like we'd been led to believe.

In the past he'd been said to be on disability and seemed to have a limp or something, but no sign of that when we saw him.

Yes, Chris, I thought that? He was quite old and kindly, not the "sponger" (their words, not mine) that we'd been led to believe he was.

I thought it was a great episode - really funny, slightly contrived, but good "turn your brain off" telly.

I also agree that Tom Courtenay didn't quite fit as Dave's dad but it was still a lovely performance from him, as usual. It was marvelous to see him teamed up with Helen Fraser again, 45 years after Billy Liar!

It was marvelous to see him teamed up with Helen Fraser again, 45 years after Billy Liar!

I didn't realise that?!

I presume it was a deliberate bit of casting. In Billy Liar they're an engaged couple so it's good to see that she finally got her man!