Christmas in Zimbabwe

Hi Teeny - thanks for reminding us how lucky we are, and how unlucky children are in other countries. It is not the fault of the children that Mugabe came to power or that he is still in power. It is not their fault that they have no food or that cholera is ravaging their country.

There are some people on this forum who have virtually no feeling for humanity - responses like some of the ones to your post used to depress me immensely. Now I just try to ignore them and hope that the people who do care - like you - are in the majority. I wish you well in your efforts.

No child deserves anything less than a decent chance at life. It is pure fortune where a child is born and to whom. I admire people who give their time and effort to help, but I don't understand the ones with no compassion. I wonder what made them so resentful and bitter?

How many people have bought an expensive present for their kids, only to find they are more interested in the box?

Surprised by some people's reactions on here - yes we do hear this all the time but it will not go away. One thing we can do is help children to understand that not all children in the world are as fortunate as they are.

Another thing we can do is go over there and take Mugabe out, but of course there's no bonus oil at the end so it's not gonna happen. I bet if the slave trade were still alive then we'd be over there in a shot. Well, actually... we'd never have left.

Another thing we can do is go over there and take Mugabe out, but of course there's no bonus oil at the end so it's not gonna happen. I bet if the slave trade were still alive then we'd be over there in a shot. Well, actually... we'd never have left.

there are still families of ex-pats who live out there quite happily. some of the whites are now atually living with their former black employees which is probably what Mugabe soesn't want.

don"t show your ignorance,..... england made it ilegal in the 1800"s before anyone else in africa !.....

No child deserves anything less than a decent chance at life. It is pure fortune where a child is born and to whom. I admire people who give their time and effort to help, but I don't understand the ones with no compassion. I wonder what made them so resentful and bitter?

what made them resentful and bitter ?.....people like you who don"t check out thier facts. first....have you ever been to{or worked }in a third world country ....i have .... when you see the professional bleeding heart n.g.o ....scam artists ...on over a $100.000 a year.. driving about in thier brand new merc 4 wheel drives during the day,.. then getting ****** at the best bars and resturants at night with the local corrupt leaders and police ...{{{we have to ,to stay on side with them,is the worn exscuse }}]]........how dare you insult me to say i have no compassion...when you go on automatic bleeding heart response ,because you know no better......if you had any compassion you would "nt give any money,to keep these corrupt scum in power ...

what made them resentful and bitter ?.....people like you who don"t check out thier facts. first....have you ever been to{or worked }in a third world country ....i have .... when you see the professional bleeding heart n.g.o ....scam artists ...on over a $100.000 a year.. driving about in thier brand new merc 4 wheel drives during the day,.. then getting ****** at the best bars and resturants at night with the local corrupt leaders and police ...{{{we have to ,to stay on side with them,is the worn exscuse }}]]........how dare you insult me to say i have no compassion...when you go on automatic bleeding heart response ,because you know no better......if you had any compassion you would "nt give any money,to keep these corrupt scum in power ...

What facts? My post referred to children. If some aid workers are scamming, that makes things even worse for the children who will be even more deprived of aid that is meant for them. I haven't been to a third world country, it doesn't mean I'm not aware there are people in all walks of life and from anywhere in the world who aren't honest.

Why do you assume I insult you? For your information, I rarely give money to third world countries unless there is a specific appeal, my main regular charitable donation is to children in the UK via the NSPCC. Because, believe it or not, even in our wonderfully rich country, there are children whose parents deprive them of the most basic things, including love and care.

Your rant does you no favours.