Christmas in Zimbabwe

I have just been speaking to my friend who runs an orphanage in Zimbabwe, they have done Christmas for the children. We have things so easy here for example we can nip down to Tesco's and buy anything we want to have for the day. There is no food in most Zimbabwean supermarkets, so no choice. My friend drove to Botswanna and brought basic food for the children, most of us will have had turkey and trimmings , they had chicken and rice which when the kids got , they ate straight away some even licked the plate. because food is limited the children get meile which is like a thick porrige with chunky bits ( It doesn't taste that good ) Each of the children got a stocking filled with fruit, a note pad , some pens and crayons, How many of our kids today would have been have been grateful for that?

We do have so much here that we take for granted don't we? Howmany of the presents we recieved will be treasured?

Is that meant to make us feel guilty, Teeny?

Otherwise I can't really see the point.

Incidentally, have you used your £200 Meadowhall vouchers yet?

I'm afraid that's the difference between the affluent developed countries and third world toilets. I'll not feel guilty about enjoying the finer comforts because I've earned them and I have the good fortune to have been born English.

No doubt "president for ever" Mugabe dined on roast turkey, mashed potatoes,gravy. stuffing with apple pie and vanilla ice cream washed down with a bottle of Chianti.

Didn't anyone in Zimbabwe have the gumption to mail him a really nicely gift wrapped parcel with little Santas all over it. You know! The kind of pretty little parcel that when you open it it goes "Bang"

Feel sorry for the orphans and their plight but it's really time Zimbabweans got rid of Mugabe once and for all

There are poor countries all over the world with orphanage's and starving kids.

So stop the guilt trip.

The west will not remove Mugabe, because any occupying force has to support its population.

With Zimbabwe's problems no other country will go near it. Mugabe knows this so it is in his interest to keep the country on its knees. Its up to the people to revolt and take back its own country.

When that happens the rest of the world will fall over themselves to give support.

touble is zimbabwe was not a third world country in fact it used to feed most of africa as well as itself at one time until Mr Mugabe became a power mad meglamaniac and drove the country into the ground so it cant feed itself an all forms of infrastucture are now failing. it is so sad to see the decline and yes i do feel for the people

i dont think that teeny is trying to make us feel guilty but just at this time of year to spare a thought for the others in the world that are worse off than ourselves not through their own doing

Nope i haven't spent them yet ! infact i have more given me so will be going to buy childrens clothes at adams sale there or other places for the children over there not the ones here.

i dont think that teeny is trying to make us feel guilty but just at this time of year to spare a thought for the others in the world that are worse off than ourselves not through their own doing

No i certainly didn't , it just struck me , what i actually have to be grateful for ! and was trying explain the difference.

Its up to the people to revolt and take back its own country.

When that happens the rest of the world will fall over themselves to give support.

How? Mugabe has all the weapons.

You know, Rhodesia better when that racist cracker white boy was running the show.

How? Mugabe has all the weapons.

You know, Rhodesia better when that racist cracker white boy was running the show.

People weren't starving when Ian Smith was running the show. Of course, people like yourself wanted him out, then wanted his replacement Bishop Muzorewa replacing with Mugabe. Had someone like Smith or Muzorewa been in charge today, Zimbabweans wouldn't be starving en masse or being wiped out with cholera.

I have to agree that if Mugabe hadn't been in power for some 28 years we wouldn't be hearing these stories.

If Mugabe wasn't in charge My father would return and so may we , Life would be simpler there than here.

The Orphans had a good day today but we should be grateful for what we have , which I am but how many of us re dis-satified by what we have, we do have lots of food, toys and many items these children can only dream of.

I do think its worth a thought , there are many children have won't have had any food today or even yesterday.

I can just imagine the children recieving simple gifts , waching there eye light up must have been really humbling for your friend Teeny,Your friend is also brave being white and driving alone to Botswanna to bring food in for them.

I actually think there are lesson from having less that we can all learn from, My own children haven't been given large expensive presents this year or any year. I hope I have brought them all up to be unselfish and un spoiled. I want my children to be grateful for what they have, which in todays world is hard as people base alot of what they have on monetry matters but what really matters is the love you can give a child, not the presents that will probably been left in some cupboard in a few weeks.