Prison life what is it like?

People-“Sweet heart” has been a member on here for over two years-this is her only post. A post made on Christmas day, possibly made out of desperation while sat at home with young children feeling confused and not knowing how she is going to cope, and maybe with no one to turn to for advice. It is her partner that has committed the crime not her. But, it is her that will be travelling to visit, and it is her that is obviously worried where she will have to travel to if her partner is transferred. The one place where she obviously did feel she would get help was on here, and look at the responses.

“Sweet heart”, I am sorry that you find yourself in this position. I don’t know you, but if I did I would be there to talk with you. I wish you all the best for 2009.

What a shower of smug, holier than-thou arrogant snot heads.

Sorry to hear your old man is doing time sweet heart. I don't know much about Doncaster apart from what some of the young men I used to work with have told me. I'm afraid it's not very pleasant really. Hope the time passes swiftly for both of you.

We are decent law-abiding people - the sort you hardly disguise your contempt for. The police didn't suddenly decide to pick him up at random off the street and send him there.

I don't know anything about the prison or prison life, but after some of the hardhearted responses you've had from our fellow forummers, just wanted to offer you a kind word and a ((x)) Peace and love to all people on Xmas Day, eh, guys? :rolleyes:

I hope the time passes swiftly for you and that when he gets out you can resume your normal lives together without too many problems.

he will be ok in donnie its a holiday camp i love it cant wait to go back:D

No he shouldn't have!...pray tell us all what that has to do with the op's question?

The old "If she doesn't want him to do the time, he shouldn't do the crime".

I don't know anything about the prison or prison life, but after some of the hardhearted responses you've had from our fellow forummers, just wanted to offer you a kind word and a ((x)) Peace and love to all people on Xmas Day, eh, guys? :rolleyes:

I hope the time passes swiftly for you and that when he gets out you can resume your normal lives together without too many problems.

Its probably because some of us are now sick to death of criminals being glorified as if they've achieved something special by going to jail and getting a criminal record.

The old "If she doesn't want him to do the time, he shouldn't do the crime".

Huh? What she wants and what he did are two entirely different things. Your implication is that she's in the wrong by association...or did you just lump them both together?

Try to be constructive or STFU.

MOD: If you can't be nice on Christmas day then please don't bother posting on this thread. That's it really, no more warnings - be nice or be gone.

my husband has just gone to doncaster prison he got 2 yrs 8 months but could be out by next christmas.

my questions are is it true he will probs be moved from donnie because it is only a holding prison?

what is life in donnie prison like

and what id do i need to visit is it an absolute must that i take photo id only i dont have any i have medical card and solicitors letter will that be ok

can anyone help me

You'll be like Tracey off Birds of a Feather (remember that?), him sat one side of the table, you on t'other, talking to each other, the "screws" giving your husband the glad eye if he so much as looks sideways at them.

Worse thing is, they'll treat you like a crim as well, loads of security checks when you visit, to make sure you haven't brought him a cake with a file in it for instance or anything contraband.

I don't speak from experience here, just what I've seen on TV.

Huh? What she wants and what he did are two entirely different things. Your implication is that she's in the wrong by association...or did you just lump them both together?

Try to be constructive or STFU.

That is being constructive. And why? Have you been to jail as well? And personally, ther should be no visits from family and friends whatsoever. That should be part of the punishment, and that is how drugs and the like get smuggled into prison.

my husband has just gone to doncaster prison he got 2 yrs 8 months but could be out by next christmas.

my questions are is it true he will probs be moved from donnie because it is only a holding prison?

what is life in donnie prison like

and what id do i need to visit is it an absolute must that i take photo id only i dont have any i have medical card and solicitors letter will that be ok

can anyone help me

You generally need to take utilty bills for some form of ID. Your photo and fingerprint is normally taken so that you are registered in their system as a visitor and after that the visit process is speeded up a bit on the next visit. Prison life is not meant to be a holiday camp, some like it cos thats the only life they know and can get a bed and meals.

You will be searched going into the prison and if you take anything in for him it will generally get searched and put into his property for him to collect later (if allowed) I think a visit from you and the kids will be enough and a time (hopefully ) for him to reflect.

I used to work in a prison and was part of the same company at Doncaster working in Nottingham, Prisoners tend to be a little quite at Xmas spending most of their time in their cells.

Assuming that a life of crime is not the norm for you and your family (and please do not take that the wrong way) Lets hope he and you get through this sentance that has been placed on both of you and kids and a lesson learnt. Have happy xmas there will be a need to talk alot in the next few months and decisions to be made of how to progress. There is staff on hand via the prison service to speak with if you need them