Is Asda at Handsworth the worst supermarket in Sheffield?

Once again, I'd make a formal complaint to their head office.

We did last year when we had Eggs delivered that were 2 weeks out of date, along with a bag of biscuits, cakes and bread that looked like it had been to war with the tinned items we'd ordered and lost badly!

We actually involved enviromental heath, with regards to the eggs.

Re hatched this thread as it seemed relevant to my post in voting the Hillsborough CO-OP as the scruffiest supermarket in Sheffield.

The lift are a disgrace with graffiti all over the place, litter all over the carpark and an unhelpfull staff who leave packaging in the middle of isles.

CLEAN IT UP!!

It's simply the height of it and the fact that the sides are not high - if anyone fell from it they'd not stand a chance. And apparently if someone was to get say a stick stuck on it in the grooves, they'd probably tumble off. Be careful in your stilettos on there :thumbsup:

Compare it with the one at Sainsbury's which is not as high or steep and has 'safety' areas at each side and a staircase in the middle.

That might be true but if it got planning permission it must have met with regulations.

I like the Asda at Handsworth.

The staff there have always helped in any way I needed them with finding items - and a lot of the checkout workers are a lively bunch who like to have a good natter with customers which is nice.

+ It stocks my fave drink of the moment, Pepsi Raw in bottle and can formats at an excellent price :)

The Asda at Chapeltown is terrible. The fridges and shelves almost always have big gaps and don't ever seem to be restocked during the day!

The best time to go there is when it opens - it's the only time you'll actually get the stuff you want (usually)

Not to mention the woman who usually works on the self checkouts! we went in a couple of weeks ago and as usual the queues were massive at the self checkout and all the other tills... she saw her mate in the middle of the queue, took her stuff off her and scanned it on her own little till so she didn't have to wait! nice

How long before there is a thread from someone asking or a PI solicitor following an incident on the travelator. :rolleyes:

Hasn't happened so far, how long has it been there now, 5 years?

Maybe people have all managed not to fling themselves at a waist high barrier and topple over it.

Tesco Abbeydale Road is THE worst supermarket in Sheffield by a country mile. 95% of the staff are awful. You're lucky if you get more than a grunt out of them; the "customer service" staff are a joke, not to mention the horrid little woman with the bad hair who stands by the self service bit stomping about and moaning when ever anyone needs assistance... The only nice members of staff are the older ones. I have now switched to Morrison's on Meadowhead which is ace and the staff are great.

Today l visited at 8.20am and was greeted by empty shelves, just 2 bags of spinach leaves on the lettuce section, empty bread shelves etc. There was very little sign of re stocking going on and one of the checkout staff said they had been there around 2 hours and it had been really quiet.

QUOTE]

What do you expect on the 24th december? christmas eve?? Of course the shelves are going to be empty, why would they fill up when they are closed over x-mas? I think the asda is great, they change it so it's better, i never have a problem finding stuff, i live 5 mins away and go up everyother day, it's like my local shop too not just my supermarket for the weekley shop. If it's that bad why not shop somewhere else? the asda will always get a 10/10 from me!

I'll second the Tesco on Abbeydale road, there's an evening staff who works there and she is just so rude!! but personally it has got to be the tiny little sainsburys on the moor, it's always packed and never enough staff on, the layout is terrible, really crammed, just awful!!

I love the big Asda at handsworth. I used to live 5 mins away and so it was like my local corner shop :-)

Now I live at the other side of town and for bits and bobs, I nip to the Asda at chapeltown but I still go to the one at handsworth for my main weekly shop whenever I can. Fair enough, the veg runs out a bit later in the day but I usually get everything I need. I can't wait for them to build the new one at parsons cross. That'll only be 10 mins drive away...hurrarrr for Asda and a big fat boooo to morrisons