Is Asda at Handsworth the worst supermarket in Sheffield?

Spar in Woodseats takes some beating for `grimness`.

my sister in law shopped at asda last tuesday and the checkout assistant short changed her by £10..so she went to customer service and informed them..she was told that the tills are only taken off once per day and at 10.00am..she would have to phone back the next day (this was around 6.30pm) to see if the till was 'up' by £10...so next day at just after 10am she phoned...only to be told that any refunds etc etc are not paid out until 2pm and to call back then..she finally got her tenner back at teatime...this once happened to my dad in morrisons at halfway and they took the till off immediately...checked it and found the discrepancy...gave us our money back...i find this hard to believe that a shop the size of asda only take their tills off once a day to be checked?? especially at this busy time of year...i reckon they were trying to diddle her in some way..so watch out next time you shop at asda....

This is a link to some of the corporate crimes committed by Wal-Mart/ASDA for anyone interested.

http://www.corporatewatch.org.uk/?query=wal-mart&lid=21&go=GO

There is of course much to debate, but anyone who shops at ASDA really should be aware of these issues.QUOTE]

Ta for that. I didn't realise how suspect they were. The Co-op gets most of my money these days,

I have problems with the staff here.

I was in at today at Lunch time, all chekouts open, Big queues at each one.

So what do they do, insist on only giving you one carrier bag at at time.

Hence larger queues.

Customer server poor.

I would send all checkout operators to Morrisons at Catcliffe, so they can see how to do there job properly.

You say you have problems with the staff, but surely you must realise that the fact that they are giving you one carrier bag at a time is down to orders from their management?!

So many people blame the staff that are simply trying to do their job, they dont want to look stupid by giving you one bag at a time! And im sorry, but at least at ASDA they thank you for waiting, Morrisons definetly dont. They need to be taught a thing or two about customer service.

i have to agree, it is kinda rubbish there. weve shopped there for years but have now finally changed supermarkets and instead shop at sainsburys, it costs us a little bit more but its well worth it! quality, service and friendlyness- all much better.

I would buy anything from asda as long as it wasn`t food .

i went last week with my daughter drove round the car park for half an hour couldnt get parked, then went to asda at chapeltown....how does a supermarket of that size justify having so few child friendly parking spaces???? i drive a people carrier (grandchildren transporter) and just couldnt get it parked. i got parked at chapeltown straight away, in a normal space too, maybe theirs are just bigger.

Love asda at handsworth, get all the right bits from there and its alot better than morrisons for fresh.

This is a link to some of the corporate crimes committed by Wal-Mart/ASDA for anyone interested.

http://www.corporatewatch.org.uk/?query=wal-mart&lid=21&go=GO

There is of course much to debate, but anyone who shops at ASDA really should be aware of these issues.QUOTE]

Ta for that. I didn't realise how suspect they were. The Co-op gets most of my money these days,

hahahah co-op? i've just had 2 chuck away milk from that place because its that ****e.

Asda

Sainsburys

The only decent supermarkets.

ASDA always seem to have well stocked shelves in my opinion, maybe I'm just lucky with the times I go. Tesco's come second although I find the staff fairly rude and unhelpful on most occasions which puts me off to be honest, so ASDA seems to get my vote.

In my experience with Morrisons, and this seems to happen more often than not; they seem to me to have nothing on their shelves at all when it's really quiet, and no staff out restocking, then on a really busy day all staff are out restocking pushing their massive metal racks round when there's clearly not room for them to do so. Then tuttung and huffing at customers getting in their way!

Spar in Woodseats takes some beating for `grimness`.

Isn't that the one in Meersbrook, nearby? I remember passing through Meersbrook a while back and the place seems to have only the most dilpidated parade of shops with only something like a '7-11' or Spar and one of those dreadful discount food shops which seems to sell 20 varieties of frozen mushy peas dangerously close to the Sell-By date, but little else...:hihi:

How long before there is a thread from someone asking or a PI solicitor following an incident on the travelator. :rolleyes:

Probably some daft berk who watches Gladiators and thinks it's OK to try and run up a moving Travelator! :lol:

They always tell you "do not copy what you see here at home" as well! :lol: